INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Queue sorting preset doesn't work, always sorts by random sequence  (Read 302 times)

69macncheese69

Hi!

Whenever I drag in an album from file explorer into the queue, it gets sorted by a seemingly random sequence number despite having set and selected a preset to sort by track number and only track number. Actually selecting any of the presets makes no difference whatsoever, other than resetting to ordered by sequence after I manually changed it, which I have to do every time. It also resets if I go out of the player tab and back in. The file tags are correct. Even if I eliminate the sequence tab it still sorts by it. This is driving me nuts, is this a bug or intended behavior and I'm missing something? Any way to get what I want, the sorting to work? I'm on MC 29. The library sorting works fine but I have thousands of songs to select, organize and replace and it will take me a very long time, and until then I'm dragging and dropping. Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Queue sorting preset doesn't work, always sorts by random sequence
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 12:53:04 pm »

It sounds like maybe you are trying to import your media collection one album at a time; perhaps after auditioning the album?

That sounds like way too much work to me.  It's probably a lot easier to simply import your entire collection and then sort through it using MC's views.

Dragging and dropping pretty inefficient.  I generally recommend against it, particularly with a task that has many iterations.  Doing your import all at once and then using the power of MC to sort, search, and categorize will almost certainly by faster and more satisfying.

Good luck.
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up