INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Madvr suddenly gives much dimmer hdr picture than JRVR  (Read 508 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Have somebody experienced this flaw? Madvr suddenly gives much dimmer picture than JRVR. Shouldnt the brightness be more or less the same when watching a movie in hdr?.

Also I have been using JRVR for a while but wanted to check out Madvr after reading about micro stuttering in a forum thread and adjustments in Madvr settings. Stuttering/micro stuttering in Madvr is why I stopped using it after I got oled TV. The recommandation was to untick "use Direct3d 11 for presentation" in madvr general settings. And also set to 1 frame in windowed mode. That was the recommendation. I also set to 3 frames in exlusive mode.
This fixed a lot of the stuttering that I experiende the last 7 months since I stopped using it. And the pc became very fast in starting a movie in jriver when I did that. but is now back to what it used to be. Anyway it could look like the stuttering is more under control. But now it is dim. I can not remember it being so dim. This is not supposed to be so, right?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Using Madvr suddenly gives much dimmer hdr picture than JRVR
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 01:33:54 pm »

Strange that nobody reacts. Is Madvr dimmer than JRVR?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 01:47:25 pm »

Not sure HDR works right when using madVR without D3D11 mode. You could test to turn that back on if the brightness returns.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 02:59:03 pm »

You were right. I have disabled this because of stuttering and it worked and made rendering smooth and also hdr worked. but one probably looses hdr function after starting movies a couple of times.

Too bad now it is stutter and also in some cases one can see leaves on the tree get a shiver effect when the camera is moving downwards along the tree(this short scene) start of the movie, planet of the apes 2011.
Pages: [1]   Go Up