INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudplay password reset  (Read 386 times)

EPA

Cloudplay password reset
« on: July 27, 2022, 04:46:58 am »

After upgrading from MC28 (Windows) to MC29 (Master), I seem to have lost access to Cloudplay.  Username or password error comes up.
Usernames (email and forum name) are recognised.  Clicking "Forgot your password" successfully sends a mail with a "change my password" link.  Clicking this link opens a browser window with the following message:-

<Response Status="Failure" Information="Changes are only accepted from authenticated clients. Enable authentication on the server in Options > Media Network."/>

Can someone kindly guide me through the process to -  "Enable authentication on the server in -  Options > Media Network."?

In Options > Media Network > - the box "Authentication (username, ***, password*******) is ticked and data filled out

Any ideas??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cloudplay password reset
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 07:44:37 am »

I believe you're in the wrong place to change your login.  Use the Cloudplay interface, then the Settings icon in the upper right corner.  You may have to go to full screen to see it.

EPA

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 08:34:47 am »

Thanks for the quick response - my efforts start at the attached "Cloudplay interface" (trust this is what you mean by the Cloudplay interface)
Going the "forgot you password option results in the message mentioned in my first post - <Response Status="Failure" Information="Changes are only accepted from authenticated clients. Enable authentication on the server in Options > Media Network."/>
When attempting to sign up  - I get - "That user name already exists"
When attempting to resend confirmation instructions, the message is - "Email was already confirmed, please try signing in"
When attempting to resend Unlock instructions, the message is - "Email was not locked"

So I'm a bit at a loss - do not see a Settings icon - am I in the wrong interface??

I was really enjoying discovering the power of Cloudplay - Play Doctor & Cloudplay is a winner!
Hope there is a simple solution to get me back on track..

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 08:40:02 am »

That looks like a bug in the CloudPlay website, it should probably rather show you a confirmation that the password was reset, instead of trying to access MC, which it is not allowed to.
But from what I can tell, when the error comes up, it should actually have saved your new password already. Did you attempt to login using that from within Media Center?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

EPA

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 09:21:48 am »

Success!! - It seems a changed password was indeed accepted but not confirmed.  I just managed to sign in with that password.
Thanks for the suggestion!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 09:25:31 am »

I see the problem and can also confirm what Hendrik said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up