INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Report: MC 29.0.81 - System Info freezes app and reporting odd values  (Read 367 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

All

Couple things to report today - I am doing some regular library maintenance and decided to run System Info to give me some insight into the files, albums etc.

So I go to Help->System Info and notice that MC completely locks up while some sort of processing is going on behind the scenes. I timed it to 32 seconds of 100% frozen, non-responsive MC on the desktop before finally the System Info dialog box appears - is this normal?

Then when System Info did display - I noticed this odd stat (see attachment):

MC is saying that only 23% of my files have Audio Analysis - where I am 100% sure every file in this library already has been analyzed. (ad nauseum over the years)

I also have several Smartlists constructed to specifically identify files that do not have audio analysis done and both of these lists come back with no targets (without analysis).

I am thinking that either the Audio Analysis process within System Info is looking at something completely different than my Smartlists.

Can anyone explain the reason why MC is telling me that 77% of my files still need analysis? (does this have anything to do with Analyze Waveform?)

Cheers!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

It benchmarks all the drives on your system, so can take a while.  Look under "Drive Info" to see the time it spent.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

It benchmarks all the drives on your system, so can take a while.  Look under "Drive Info" to see the time it spent.

Matt

Thanks for the update - but I am not convinced in the benchmarking comment as the attachment shows a read/write to both drives - is literally 3 seconds total - yet the last run of System Info moments ago took 41 seconds and locked the machine for the duration. Clearly something else is going on here.

Cheers

VP

Pages: [1]   Go Up