INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can older MC Thumbnails be deleted? and their Registry entries too?  (Read 469 times)

rbmjr

• World Citizen

I was running low on free space on my Windows Drive C: and ran Space Sniffer to see what was using the space. I noticed that Space Sniffer reported the MC 24, 25, 26, and 27 were still taking up space even after the apps were uninstalled. Upon closer examination it appears that these residual MC's consist of; thumbnails, Cache, Install, Plugins and Web (first attachment). Zooming in I noticed that it appears that these thumbnails are stored in AppData and referenced by a registry entry such as: "C:\Users\rbm30\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 28\Thumbnails\{7749D9CD-1E7F-4288-9622-E6FDF27B8E1C}" Attachments two and three. Does MC 29 need these older files to remain or can the registry entries and the AppData be deleted? If so how should I proceed?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can older MC Thumbnails be deleted? and their Registry entries too?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 02:55:25 pm »

You can remove thumbnails for older versions.

Any time you're in doubt about files, rename the directory.  dir.tmp, for example.  Then see if things work as expected.

rbmjr

• World Citizen
Re: Can older MC Thumbnails be deleted? and their Registry entries too?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 12:27:33 pm »

Thanks moved the old MC folders to the recycle bin, no problems so far. Curious to see if Ccleaner can remove those registry entries
Pages: [1]   Go Up