INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions about JRiver  (Read 557 times)

Smack

• World Citizen
A few questions about JRiver
« on: August 08, 2022, 01:41:50 am »

Hello Guys,
now that i finally have my HTPC (a update will be done later (GPU)) i have a few questions regarding JRiver.

• Is it possible to use my scrapped Kodi Data with JRiver (Cover, nfo etc.)? I scrap all my movies with tiny media manager.
  • I'm using Windows 10 on my HTPC and would like to start directly into JRiver without using the keyboard or mouse.
  • I want to use my Logitech Harmony to control JRiver. My HTPC is in another room, so i have to use the Harmony Hub to control the HTPC and my AVR.
  • I have an Epson LS10000 projector which is calibrated to DCI-P3 (almost REC2020). The projector can't display HDR but is capable to upscale to 4K via 4K Shifting. So i would like to use the dynamic Tonemapping to "convert" 4K HDR material to 4K SDR. The Nits are ~ 55 (i know it is really low but i think it will work).
  • Is it possible to use the DCI-P3 mode even when playing SDR content (Bluray)? I would really like to switch my Projector to the DCI-P3 calibrated mode and would like to watch SDR (Bluray) and HDR (UHD) content without switching the projector to REC 709 and DCI-P3 mode.
  • Regarding using the Logitech Harmony remote which device would you recommend to use (Flirc ?)?
  • I also would like use the HTPC as a "normal" Bluray - UHD Player. I already got an patched ASUS Bluray drive which is capable of playing UHDs and Blurays. I would use AnyDVD for playing the discs. Is it possible with JRiver?

I think these are all my concern at the moment ;) and please excuse my bad english. I'm from Germany ;)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: A few questions about JRiver
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 02:30:35 am »

I run an HTPC driving a x7500 JVC and it is contolled by a Logitech Harmon (with Hub) so a similar setup.

• Is it possible to use my scrapped Kodi Data with JRiver (Cover, nfo etc.)? I scrap all my movies with tiny media manager.
No idea but others may

• I'm using Windows 10 on my HTPC and would like to start directly into JRiver without using the keyboard or mouse.
In the MC Options you can set start-up behaviour, I set my to Auto Start and go straight into TheaterView

• I want to use my Logitech Harmony to control JRiver. My HTPC is in another room, so i have to use the Harmony Hub to control the HTPC and my AVR.
I use the Harmony to control the HTPC and AVR.  The device setup in Harmony is selecting a Windows PC.

• I have an Epson LS10000 projector which is calibrated to DCI-P3 (almost REC2020). The projector can't display HDR but is capable to upscale to 4K via 4K Shifting. So i would like to use the dynamic Tonemapping to "convert" 4K HDR material to 4K SDR. The Nits are ~ 55 (i know it is really low but i think it will work).
Yes, I tone map my HDR UHD BD and you can select in JRVR the Colour Space (eg DCI-P3)

• Is it possible to use the DCI-P3 mode even when playing SDR content (Bluray)? I would really like to switch my Projector to the DCI-P3 calibrated mode and would like to watch SDR (Bluray) and HDR (UHD) content without switching the projector to REC 709 and DCI-P3 mode.
I not sure but I've not noticed an issue... but I really don't watch SDR material on this setup.

• Regarding using the Logitech Harmony remote which device would you recommend to use (Flirc ?)?
Nope, works out of the box as a MCE, no need for Flirc

• I also would like use the HTPC as a "normal" Bluray - UHD Player. I already got an patched ASUS Bluray drive which is capable of playing UHDs and Blurays. I would use AnyDVD for playing the discs. Is it possible with JRiver?
Yup, works fine with AnyDVD running in the background
JRiver CEO Elect

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 02:46:12 am »

@jmone

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you recommend a transmitter for the Harmony (to connect via USB for example to the HTPC)?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 03:32:52 am »

I have some HTPC's with inbuilt IR receivers, even one with the original MS IR Home Receiver, but these days most have Bluetooth on the mobo, and these work fine with the Hub (depending on range).  I've not tried any of the BT plug in dongles.
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Pages: [1]   Go Up