INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MKV Cover Art  (Read 464 times)

AlreadyFree

• Junior Woodchuck
MKV Cover Art
« on: August 16, 2022, 01:07:46 pm »

I already have cover art embedded in all of my .mkv video files, is there any way to have MediaCenter read the embedded coverart for display rather than using the one from the info lookup. I've already spent the time to track down the version of the coverart I wanted for display in Windows Explorer and would rather not have to redo all that.

If not, is there any way to use IMDB for coverart & info instead of TMDB or wikipedia? They seem to more consistently have the coverart I want (I prefer the original theatrical posters) & generally have better plot synopses'.

And also when using coverart downloaded through the info lookup, is there any way to change the location of coverart files? I don't want them cluttering up my video folder. Can they be stored in MC's internal CoverArt folder instead?

AlreadyFree

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MKV Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 12:46:59 am »

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 01:04:27 am »

You can set the folder where cover art is stored.  Tools > Options > File Locations.

I don't know about MKV.  You can probably copy and paste.

AlreadyFree

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 11:04:40 am »

I'm aware that there's an option to choose where audio cover art is stored but I was specifically asking about MKV video cover art. It seems like the option for where to store cover art should apply to all media but, for whatever reason, it doesn't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up