INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC does not move extras like pdf using Rename Move Copy File  (Read 452 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
MC does not move extras like pdf using Rename Move Copy File
« on: August 17, 2022, 04:46:50 pm »

If I use the Rename, Move, Copy Files tool with:  Move all non-imported files in folder with selected media files = enabled
pdf and jpg stay in the original directory and are not moved.

Why?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC does not move extras like pdf using Rename Move Copy File
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:35:40 am »

Because they are imported into your Library.

If you use that option (to move other stuff in the same directory) it only moves files which ARE NOT imported into MC. If it moves files which are imported, then it would break the links to those files (or have to fix them). It doesn't do this, so all files which are imported are omitted from this rule.

If you want to move files which have been imported, you have to select them and apply the RMCF rule to them directly. If you have the files tagged like the music files they "live with" this isn't a big deal, just select them and apply the same RMCF rule to them (if you select them from a filesystem view, like Locate on Disk (within MC), then you can do them all at once).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Manfred

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 01:05:59 pm »

The Directory contains flac files, pdf and jpg. I used RMCF inside the Audio view. The audio view has a rule „is audio“. pdf an jpg show up in the respective Views. If I understand you correctly I have to use a view where all files appear, data and audio?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 09:43:57 pm »

Correct. Assuming they're in the same folder now, the easiest thing would be to select one of the files in MC, right-click and choose Locate > On Disk (inside Media Center). Then you can Control-A and do the RMCF on all of them at once.

Or do them separately from their own independent Views.

But, in any case, whatever tags are used to apply your file/folder structure naming will need to match on the PDFs and JPGs, or using the same RMCF rule on them won't work.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up