INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming section - how to direct radio stations Sto Player/Playing Now/There  (Read 504 times)

vistisoara

hi,
have had JRiver MC since version 21.

I currently have version 29 (all OS) - I cannot figure out how to direct radio programs that play in the Streaming section of the MC29 to a player (amp) in the Playing Now section.

Other Playlists seem to work, I can access them on the network thru JRemote and I can direct them to various output options on the network.

I've been looking up the JRiver Help, youtube etc - can't work it out

Any help to enlighten me would be helpful.

cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I'm guessing that you're using DLNA/UPnP to play to the amp.  Correct?

A direct connection might work.

vistisoara

thanks for you reply - yes DLNA General - so how do I direct the radio source "direct connection" to the network Player/Zone etc, pls?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

If I remember correctly, Streaming just opens a browser window and plays through it, which means it goes to the default system audio device.  If you look at Audio Path while it is playing, it says nothing is playing through the MC audio system.  So, I do not think you can direct the output to the various zones unless you set the zone to default. And, even then, I think it only works on the main system, not through a remote or through DLNA.  I am not a regular user of Streaming these days, but that is what I remember.

vistisoara

ok, thanks; that's how I think it is working - I was wondering if there was some way to direct streaming source to a zone/player etc - doesn't sound like I have missed smth obvious; cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up