INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Windows 11 User account, MC28 must be reconfigured?  (Read 409 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
New Windows 11 User account, MC28 must be reconfigured?
« on: August 21, 2022, 02:03:46 pm »

I just added a new User account to my Media PC.  When launched, MC28 acted like it was a brand new installation and even started the countdown to Auto Import to create the Main Library.  Is that normal behavior? 

I'd be happy if MC28 merely recognized how it's set-up in the other User account on the same computer.  But it won't be a big deal if I need to set things up for the new User, either.  I'm just curious why MC doesn't appear to "know" it's already set-up and running on the machine.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: New Windows 11 User account, MC28 must be reconfigured?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 12:43:37 am »

Yep, Completely normal, just restore a backup from your other user instance.

MC libraries are configured on a 'per user' basis, the executable files are available to all, they are installed in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 29.
The library files, plugins, cache etc are specific to a particular user and are stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 29.

Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Windows 11 User account, MC28 must be reconfigured?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 04:29:30 pm »

Excellent, thank you. 

The more I thought about it, the less problem I think it will be.  She doesn't want to use my Library, and since her Library will be a sub-set of mine, there's no reason for me to use hers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up