INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bogus playlists keep syncing from client to server -- delete cache?  (Read 318 times)

robland

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi all, I was using JRiver on a client to create a playlist and sync it to the server.

I renamed the playlist and got into a state where the client kept trying to sync the older playlist with the original name to the server -- I wound up with a list of playlists like

Mixtape
Mixtape (1)
Mixtape (2)
etc

I think I need to delete a cache off the client where this bad playlist info keeps syncing from.

I see lots of cache folders and candidates for deletion, like this one:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 25\Connected Library\Server Delta/playlistx.jmd

What cache should I delete?

robland

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Bogus playlists keep syncing from client to server -- delete cache?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 01:51:51 pm »

To explain further, if I close JRiver on the client, and then delete the bogus playlists on the server, the playlists are gone from the server.

But when I again launch JRiver on the client, the bogus playlists reappear in both client and server.

So I'm assuming this playlist info is cached somewhere on the client, and that I should delete the entire library cache on the client, and that the cache will be created from scratch next time I launch jriver on the client.

Just want to make sure I'm not going to break something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up