INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OLED TV's  (Read 511 times)

dwalme

• Recent member
OLED TV's
« on: April 06, 2022, 01:29:14 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys.  I appreciate it.

Unfortunately I have a an LG OLED and those TVs are terrible with PC level input.   And Nvidia graphics cards are only accurate with RGB Full output even though the other modes are not necessarily terrible it is nice piece of mind configuring things to their optimal state.

So I have to choose between the lesser of evils it seems.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: OLED TV 's
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 10:30:21 am »

dwalme I also have an Oled Tv. And they can not display full range. I have a Rtx 3050 8 gb. What setting should one use. In nvidia display panel I go to "change resolution" and scroll down and chose videocard and set it to limited range ( I also bump up from 8 bit to 10 bit). This is it, right. There is not anything else I should do or consider.

dwalme

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 09:33:40 am »

dwalme I also have an Oled Tv. And they can not display full range. I have a Rtx 3050 8 gb. What setting should one use. In nvidia display panel I go to "change resolution" and scroll down and chose videocard and set it to limited range ( I also bump up from 8 bit to 10 bit). This is it, right. There is not anything else I should do or consider.

Which OLED do you have?     They all can all accept a full range signal, just not process it very well.   

However the latest C2/G2 series seems to have made significant improvements here.    You still only calibrate 16-255 but mapping for PC levels (0-255) is much improved (or so I read).

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 03:43:56 pm »

Unfortunatly I bought a Lg Oled B1 65". I just bought a new desktop which I use to play movies on this tv. I dont use pc mode on my tv. I set hdmi to theater view or standard so that I am allowed to use truemotion/dejudder to get better motion without it is terrible(so bad that I suspect it to be flaw on the tv, can not understand one can watch movies without it.

dwalme

• Recent member
Re: OLED TV's
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 03:59:52 pm »

Unfortunatly I bought a Lg Oled B1 65". I just bought a new desktop which I use to play movies on this tv. I dont use pc mode on my tv. I set hdmi to theater view or standard so that I am allowed to use truemotion/dejudder to get better motion without it is terrible(so bad that I suspect it to be flaw on the tv, can not understand one can watch movies without it.

Then I would set your video card to RGB Limited (16-235) and just compromise that way.   

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: OLED TV's
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 04:48:06 pm »

Thank You!
Pages: [1]   Go Up