INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolby Atmos and DTS-X Support  (Read 1747 times)

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
Dolby Atmos and DTS-X Support
« on: September 01, 2022, 12:35:37 am »

I am wondering How DVDfab Ultra Media Player/PlayerFab accomplishes this .Although it should be no big surprise if they can actually do so since they can rip Blu-rays/ULtra HD Blu-rays with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X and as well as provide an option to separate the Hd content from these lossless HD audio streams. To ensure that DVDfab Ultra Media Player decodes Dolby-Atmos and DTS-X and NOT just does pass-thru in bitstreaming, i sent them a query as long back as 2020
Does the Dvdfab Player 6 decode Doby Atmos and DTS:x content in windows 10 systems or does it just do bit-stream passthrough to receivers capable of decoding them. Please elaborate in detail.

Also is there any scope of DVDFab player providing support for MadVR ?

And this was the official reply i received:

Dear Rajesh Kumar Singh,

It can decode Doby Atmos and DTS:x.

No, it does not support madvr.

--
Ashley Liu
DVDFab Service Team

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Dolby Atmos and DTS-X Support
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 06:41:17 am »

Just curious, but if you decode Atmos or DTS:X within the computer to something like 7.1.4 how do you then output it from your PC (a 12+ channel DAC?) how do you then send it to speakers and control the volume (I am unaware of an amp with a 12+ wide input)?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 06:55:48 am »

According to this page on the DBFab website https://www.dvdfab.cn/all-in-one.htm?trackid=homebanner_dvdfab it does use Passthrough for DTS-HD, TrueHD, TrueHD Atmos, DTS:X
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 09:11:29 am »

There is no decoding for Atmos or DTS-X in MC, and very likely won't be for the forseeable future.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 01:00:39 am »

According to this page on the DBFab website https://www.dvdfab.cn/all-in-one.htm?trackid=homebanner_dvdfab it does use Passthrough for DTS-HD, TrueHD, TrueHD Atmos, DTS:X
  The product on that page is is not DVDFabPlayer but DVDFab-All in One( i do own the license and have been using it for last 7 years) which is a ripper and passthru here  refers to "supposedly lossless" ripping quality at original video bit-rates and audio although its  NOT lossless since conversion is taking place. It has nothing to do with DVDFab Ultra Player's capabilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up