INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver for different zones  (Read 432 times)

ToasterPC

• Recent member
WDM Driver for different zones
« on: September 03, 2022, 08:42:05 pm »

Hello there!

Happy user of JRiver since v28, especially of the WDM function for audio processing, though I've been dealing with a particular problem for a bit now, and I seem to have hit a wall.

I use JRiver on a Dell laptop with Windows 11 Pro x64, mostly with a pair of USB IEMs and the onboard speakers, but will occasionally connect to the TV using HDMI, all with their respective DSP Presets but currently using the same "Loopback" zone as per the wiki's ZoneSwitch tutorial here (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver#Problems).

At the moment, I was wondering if there would be any way of assigning a per device zone that would auto-switch playback of the IPC file depending on device presence, such as that if the HDMI Output was present it would be the first priority, if not then to the USB IEMs, and at last the Onboard Speakers, preferably in such a manner that a separate "Playback" zone wouldn't be quit from if something is playing within it.

Would attempting this be within scope of the feature?

Thanks for the help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WDM Driver for different zones
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 02:31:31 am »

I don't know, but take a look at Zones and ZoneSwitch on the wiki.

ToasterPC

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 09:00:44 pm »

I see,

So far what I have achieved has been to divide the different available DSP presets on their own zones and manually changing the priority between the different zones to have the topmost being the one I need to output the audio to, however I'm still scratching my head if there would be any way of having the zone change by itself depending on device presence.

My screen currently looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/isr5FRr.png

Is there anything else I might try?

Thanks for the help!

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 07:33:08 am »

I think you would need to script it yourself outside mc and call mcws to set the active zone when necessary
Pages: [1]   Go Up