INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Files  (Read 289 times)

tom9920

• Recent member
Missing Files
« on: September 04, 2022, 01:14:06 pm »

I have experienced that files will disappear from a JRiver library.  They can be re-imported, but information such as number of plays or date last played will be missing.  There is the option to restore from a library backup, but then the changes in number of plays or date last played that have occurred since the last date in which the backup has the missing files will be lost.

My current process is to retrieve the missing information from the backup and then manually update the information for the missing files in the current library.  Is there a more automated process?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Missing Files
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 02:02:43 pm »

You may have files that are offline because a drive isn't available.

In import options, you can tell MC whether to remove the files from the library if they aren't available.

tom9920

• Recent member
Re: Missing Files
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 03:29:38 pm »

The problem is the other way round.  The files are available on the hard drive, and can successfully be re-imported, but the data for the file is not showing within the library, period.  Importing the files returns a listing to the library, but the tags that are not stored with the file--such as number of plays and last played--are no longer there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up