INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows pc running a USB dac and AV receiver simultaneously  (Read 360 times)

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
Windows pc running a USB dac and AV receiver simultaneously
« on: September 07, 2022, 08:01:09 pm »

Hey guys,
My pc runs MC 29 through usb to my benchmark dac for 2ch listening and also hdmi out to a Yamaha receiver for multi channel tracks.  All works well except I have to manually switch the default audio device back and forth between the two devices in the windows sound settings.  Anyway around this annoying step?  I don’t use them at the same time but would like to play both content without having to remote in and switch devices being I don’t use a monitor.

Thank you!

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows pc running a USB dac and AV receiver simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 08:15:09 pm »

Look at Zone Switch. It switches zones based on conditions that you set using tags.  So, it will change to the right zone for a given type of file.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Windows pc running a USB dac and AV receiver simultaneously
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 08:54:16 pm »

Look at Zone Switch. It switches zones based on conditions that you set using tags.  So, it will change to the right zone for a given type of file.

Thought about that too.  Will it switch the default driver in windows though?  That seems to be the only way to switch audio sources between the usb dac and my Yamaha. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up