INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File->Import Playlist annoying problem - file double click passing through to UI  (Read 467 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I use File->Export/Import regularly.   When you use import, the File Explorer window is positioned over the MC UI in such a way that when you double click on the file you want to import, the file explorer closes but the double click (or a single click) is passed onwards to the UI.  This, more often than not, hits one of my tabs forcing the display to move away from the tab I was using.  Some of my tabs can take a long time to open the first time due to the smartlist processing I do on them.  This is, to say the least, getting annoying.

Could somebody check whether I'm correct here that the double click of the file explorer file selection is being passed to the UI and, if so, make it stop? :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I can't reproduce this.  I double-click over the tree and the selection doesn't change.  I double-click over a file and it doesn't play.

I was testing File > Import Playlist...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

OK, over the tree I see the same - no change.

But over tabs the tabs do change - just reproduced this.

Make sure that the file you want to import is sat on top of a tab and that you double click where the tab is.  Maybe I'm just spectacularly good at this? :( :D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I can reproduce but it's a tricky problem.

Some discussion here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3005027/mouse-left-button-up-event-and-openfiledialog
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

Thanks, Matt.

Now that I'm aware of it, I can try to adjust my usage to avoid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up