INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC OSD 2.35:1 Mode  (Read 472 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
MC OSD 2.35:1 Mode
« on: September 08, 2022, 01:58:15 pm »

So I finally have the HTPC Running really good.   But I am looking for a way to move the OSD menus (Pause, play, & ect) other menus into the screen when Watching a movie in 2.35:1 mode with my JVC using Lens Memory to fit my screen.   The problem is when watching a movie that is 2.35:1 and I have Lens memory zoomed to fill my screen all the controls are up on my ceiling and of course this creates an overwhelming amount of bleedling light and makes it impossible to use those functions.   

ndgame

• Recent member
Re: MC OSD 2.35:1 Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 02:07:24 pm »

Does anyone have any options or ideas for this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 01:28:52 am »

I think you're using the projector to change the aspect ratio or the zoom setting.  Correct?

Try using MC instead.  It can zoom, crop, etc.  Use the up and down arrow keys on a keyboard to get to the settings.  See the On Screen Display topic on the wiki if you need more help.

ndgame

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 08:50:38 am »

Thanks Jim,

Not really what I was looking for.   The Projectors such as the Epson's, Sony's, and JVC,s have what they call Lens Memory so people can switch back and fourth from 16:9 and other aspect ratios.   With my setup when a movie comes on that is filmed in 2.35:1 I have a button on my Harmony remote programmed that all I do is push a button and it fills my screen. 

Devices such as Zidoo, Dune, and Zappati has settings it it to adjust the placement of the Sub titles, play menu and even settings to change the whole guis resolution.   

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 10:53:02 am »

Thanks Jim,

Not really what I was looking for.   The Projectors such as the Epson's, Sony's, and JVC,s have what they call Lens Memory so people can switch back and fourth from 16:9 and other aspect ratios.   With my setup when a movie comes on that is filmed in 2.35:1 I have a button on my Harmony remote programmed that all I do is push a button and it fills my screen. 
MC can do that automatically by using Zones and ZoneLink.  Check the wiki.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 11:32:47 am »

MC can do that automatically by using Zones and ZoneLink.  Check the wiki.
I would not call this automatic, certainly not in mc29 anyway as you don't have video analysis (planned for mc30) nor jrvr profiles (also mc30 plan). You could do this today through use of 3rd party tools and some custom tagging rules driven by that but it will be unpleasant unless you use one and only one display in your entire library.

I think it is correct to say that in mc29 you can do this completely automatically if you use madvr and that the ability to do this in jrvr is planned for mc30. If you don't want mc to do this at all then the request seems valid (though seems better to get your renderer to do it to my mind)
Pages: [1]   Go Up