INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Playlist songs  (Read 487 times)

markthedrummer

• Recent member
Lost Playlist songs
« on: September 17, 2022, 06:09:53 am »

Hi

Most of my playlist songs have disappeared from the playlists I've created (for my own flac). The drive that the flac are on is connected OK. Does anyone know what could have caused or how I can get them back? Thanks in advance

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Lost Playlist songs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 11:59:27 am »

I think we need more information to help.  You say "most" of your songs have disappeared.  So some are still showing in the playlist(s)?  Has the path to the flac tracks changed?  Did they really disappear or just won't play?

markthedrummer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 12:26:05 pm »

Thanks for your reply. I have a number of playlists, most of them are now empty of files, as in they are completely empty. A couple of playlists still have some files in them. The path to the flac has not changed

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 12:59:11 pm »

Hmmm...  I'm at a loss as to how that would happen unless the the tracks in the playlists were inadvertantly deleted from the library.  I assume they still exist on the flac disk drive.  Maybe restore a backup from a date sometime before they disappeared?

Off topic, but my favorite drummers are Dave Weckl (Jazz) and Ian Paice (Rock).  I'm a drummer too, but at 67 my chops are fading a bit.  Need to practice more, but I'd rather just play.

markthedrummer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 01:16:50 pm »

I have the flac, but my carefully curated comps are all gone...

OT response, I had the fortune of seeing Ian Paice at a small theatre and he was incredible. Playing drums always good. I learnt myself from playing along to records, The Royal Scam in particular and Led Zep of course ;0)

Thanks again for your help

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 01:28:38 pm »

I don't know how long you've been using MC, but you should have several auto backups of your library (which would include playlists).  Maybe you've tried a restore already?

markthedrummer

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 01:41:32 pm »

Hi, I wasn't aware of the option to do that, I have now tried and its worked, post restore the playlists are now populated with files. Many thanks! Very much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up