INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping A DJ Mix CD  (Read 539 times)

blkcrow820

Ripping A DJ Mix CD
« on: September 20, 2022, 09:52:05 am »

Hi all,

I have several DJ mix cd's I wish to rip. MC reads the disc as separate tracks, I want to rip it as one track. Is there a way to do this in MC?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Ripping A DJ Mix CD
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 12:35:33 pm »

I don't think so, but after you rip the CD you could link all the tracks so they always play together.  Select all the tracks.... right click... Library tools....  link tracks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 05:30:50 am »

Ripping as a single track is an unusual choice.  I'd be surprised if, at some point later, you didn't want to listen to individual songs.  I have a handful of DJ Mix CDs that I've ripped; all are individual FLAC files.  When played in gapless mode, sequentially, they sound like one continuous mix.  There is NO GAP between songs.   The music just keeps flowing as it should.

But I can also play individual songs; which I do frequently.

But all of this is just my opinion.  Linking tracks in MC is a decent idea.  It causes all tracks to be played whenever you choose any of them.  But it eliminates the ability to play individual tracks at all, until you unlink them.

Good luck to you.
Brian.

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 09:36:49 am »

Hi all,

I have several DJ mix cd's I wish to rip. MC reads the disc as separate tracks, I want to rip it as one track. Is there a way to do this in MC?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich
Under Tools - Options - CD, DVD and RD - File management, there is a checkbox labeled "Rip to a single file with cue rather than separate files"  If that is checked, the output will be a single file in your choice of output type (mp3, flac, wav, ape, ect) with a cue file.  MC will allow you to import the cue file and let you play individual tracks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 12:58:38 pm »

In my experience CUE files are nothing but trouble.  YMMV.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up