INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests (or teach me)?  (Read 627 times)

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature requests (or teach me)?
« on: September 26, 2022, 09:05:18 pm »

Hello,

I'm new to MC, so if my requests are already solvable with MC29 apologies and please teach me how to make it happen.  Note that my "wish list" are items that can make my home theater "look and feel" like a real theater (with few menus popping up, no interface visible, etc.)

* (I tried on 3 different hardware installs) many BD menus cause MC29 to "freeze" or "hang" if I try to skip (Page Down) past some elements to get to the full menu faster.

* Please add an option for the entire app to auto-quit (like ALT-F4 but automatically) upon completion playback of a media file, BD or DVD.

* TheaterTek (DVD only) [I know, I'm dating myself] had a shortcut "CTRL-B" to "set movie start point".  This would "bookmark" the movie to auto-start at the very beginning of the title (00:00:00) and would retain the selected audio track, subtitle track, etc.  Then, when the movie was next launched it would start right up (no dialog box or menu popping up).  This would be very useful, especially if also BDs were able to be set this way.  NOTE ALSO that I find it necessary to always launch BDs using the menus (not title only playback) because this is the only way to reliably get forced subtitles to work properly).

* Create a toggle (keyboard shortcut?) to enable/disable a (pre-selected) subitlte track without having to access the menus.

MC29 is a great piece of work, and I look forward to the improvments MC30 will bring.  Thanks for considering these or educating me on a workaround.

winnebago

• Recent member
*moved*
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 09:44:39 pm »

*moved*

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature requests (or teach me)?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 08:58:14 am »

You may need to remove disc protection with something like MakeMKV to enable non permitted navigation during playback.

Try particles or if you're not short of disk space, keeping a remux with the 'important' stuff from each disc can be helpful. A remux is essentially taking one of the 'titles' on a BluRay and 're-wraping' it into a regular ol' video file (containing the video, audio and subtitles as they existed on the blu-ray with no quality loss).

I have a *very* extensive BD library and in general, I try to make remuxes of my content for convenience / sanity. I retain all the original BDs of course but for day to day playback, the remuxes win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up