INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Cover Art doesn't show correctly on client  (Read 257 times)

majicire

• Recent member
Theater View Cover Art doesn't show correctly on client
« on: October 05, 2022, 10:22:08 am »

Hello friends.  I have two PCs on my home network: A server where I manage all of my JRiver files, and a client PC in my home theater.  I mapped the Server's drives to the client so I'm using a Local Library to share the same library data on both PCs.  On my server, the cover art in theater view looks perfect.  Unfortunately, half the cover art in theater view on the client server doesn't show up.  Why is this happening?  Both computers point to the exact same library.  Is there any way to fix this? 

Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View Cover Art doesn't show correctly on client
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 10:30:10 am »

Consider using library server. It's part of Media center. You can read about it on the wiki.

majicire

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 10:40:08 am »

Consider using library server. It's part of Media center. You can read about it on the wiki.

I actually did consider that, but there are two limitations: 1) You can't play bdmv files over the JRiver media server.  I don't like not having access to a chunk of my collection.  2) I haven't mastered setting that up.  When I type in the Access Key, it can't ever seem to connect.  Of the two, the first reason is the deal breaker. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 10:47:50 am »

MC has an option (for the client) to play a local file if it finds a mapped link to it.

The second one could be a firewall problem.  Or a typo.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Server
Pages: [1]   Go Up