INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio path DLNA DSP Studio  (Read 513 times)

jundesanjose

Audio path DLNA DSP Studio
« on: October 07, 2022, 11:59:15 pm »

I've been using MC since version 27 and to now, 30. I've noticed that since MC28, the audio path does not reflect the settings for DSP studio set for DLNA. Was hoping that MC30 will correct this.

For version 27, any settings to DSP studio (volume leveling, equalizer, etc) will show when the audio path icon is pressed. However, since version 28 to present, clicking on the audio path icon shows nothing.

To be clear, the DSP studio settings do work as specified but only not reflected on the audio path screen. Will only show that Media player engine is not used.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio path DLNA DSP Studio
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 08:18:00 am »

When you use DLNA, the server is sending the renderer a list of what to play.  The renderer just plays it.  The server isn't playing the files.

Search for DSP over DLNA to read how to apply DSP.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio path DLNA DSP Studio
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 02:37:12 pm »

Audio Path showing the DSP changes that MC makes was a nice feature.  As I remember, it was removed because it caused some problems. I always hoped it would come back, but it never has. I don't know if the problems were insurmountable or whether fixing those problems was just not a priority. But, I agree, it would be nice to resurrect that feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up