INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay on entering a folder in Theater View  (Read 411 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
Delay on entering a folder in Theater View
« on: October 09, 2022, 10:45:16 am »

I've come to a point where I can no longer stand the delays when navigating folders with movie files while using the Explorer plugin in Theater Mode, when the folders are on network drives.

There are two requests I would like to see implemented that would improve things:
- a setting that would lets us to disable the automatic download of background images from MovieDB
- a setting that would allow us to disable the current behavior of parsing the media files in a folder before entering it in order to display the "title" stored in the file, and would just display the file names without the file extension instead

eve

• Citizen of the Universe

I've come to a point where I can no longer stand the delays when navigating folders with movie files while using the Explorer plugin in Theater Mode, when the folders are on network drives.

There are two requests I would like to see implemented that would improve things:
- a setting that would lets us to disable the automatic download of background images from MovieDB
- a setting that would allow us to disable the current behavior of parsing the media files in a folder before entering it in order to display the "title" stored in the file, and would just display the file names without the file extension instead
Yeah the automatic attempts to get metadata / extra images are frustrating. I *have* all my images and associated metadata alongside my files, I just scrape them nightly from various sources to stay current. It's far faster with a massive library to have all this locally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up