INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting & navigation questions/thoughts  (Read 1131 times)

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
Sorting & navigation questions/thoughts
« on: March 04, 2003, 05:52:00 am »

First of all, let me just say how great many of the new features are. In particular, the combination of thumbnail and sticky views have opened up a whole new way to use Media Center. The also lead to my questions/thoughts.

Right now, I want to use the group by album thumbnal view as my main browsing view when in the Media Library. However, there are two hitches:

1) Since I have a number of Multiple Artist albums, they currently dispersed willy-nilly throughout my Library, even to the point of splitting up multiple album sets. It seems to be sorting by the 1st alphabetical artist on the album. Even if I choose Sorting: Album_Artist (if I do the sort without the underscore, it just sorts by Album), it still seems to do it. Help!

2)  I'd like to be able to use the keyboard to move around the screen, and right now the Tab key jumps between the tree view and the find wizard. Please add the actual library window so that I can cursor around it and hit enter to send an album to Playing Now.

Getting very close!!!!
Keeping the world safe for short SIGs

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
Re: Sorting & navigation questions/thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 06:31:13 am »

*BUMP*

Can anyone offer help with the current beta or know if there are fixes in the work?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sorting & navigation questions/thoughts
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 06:58:58 am »

What version are  you using?  This changed recently.

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
Re: Sorting & navigation questions/thought
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 01:55:37 pm »

What version are  you using?  This changed recently.

Using version 124. Behavior is still as I described above. Ripped CDs with the Album Artist listed as "Various Artists" seems to ignore the tag and contiue to sort by  the 1st artist name, instead of the album artist name. This is true even if I choose sort: album_artist. I totally accept  that I might be missing something here.

The tab key issue seems the same as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up