Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

pc monitor smooth play

<< < (2/6) > >>

JimH:
You have problems that come and go.  That's not likely to be a problem in MC.

eve:

--- Quote from: JimH on October 21, 2022, 06:22:32 pm ---You have problems that come and go.  That's not likely to be a problem in MC.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. This all sounds like something very unrelated to MC or possibly even MadVR. Now that you've mentioned this not happening before when you were on Windows 10, vs 11...... Dude, did you really do all these steps without trying to go back to Windows 10 and see if the issue resolves itself?

Can't really be of help here as I haven't validated 11 for my media playback purposes.
Frankly, you should stick to 10 for the foreseeable future unless you need DirectStorage, or some of the Android Subsystem features (you can get WSL2 x11 apps on 10) . Nothing else 11 does is worthwhile, it somewhat fixes HDR for desktop apps but you still shouldn't be doing HDR for you general desktop computing anyways.

JimH:
The only way to isolate a problem like this is to change one thing at a time and test thoroughly for more than a few minutes.  It could be anywhere.  Setting up a second machine would give you the ability to swap parts, etc.

tkolsto:
On my "office" desktop I use windows 11. I dont need to use it. So I will try sometime to revert back to 10. I have 10 on my TVPC. I dont think this has anyting to do with MC or madvr.  I been thinking lately if I missed something. I remember one incident which happened on my old TVPC when I used the gt 1030 card. I used msi afterburner and tried out an automatic overclock of the card. Afterward I tried to use it with 120hz on 4k alien covenant. It played for a very short time and then it caved in, probebly overheated. even my tv resetted itself and turned picture mode to eco which is out of the box settings and even the ratio got changed and I got black bars on both sides of the screen. I then put it in the office pc and some of the setting on the monitore also changed too because of the gt card. I looked that some crucial part of the card took a hit and it lingered in the card as I also tried it on the office pc. I dont know if some parts in a gpu it overstressed could induce some problem on to the pc somehow. The card is doing ok now as far as I know. I think I get smooth play in the new pc with sync and all the needed settings. on both pc I struggled with bad performance also with the new rtx card. Now it has since done a lot better. But that has many explanations I recon like better drivers and many other things that I tried out and more and more things have gotten better. Could a overheated gpu probably ruined other parts of a pcs or even the tv or how parts work together and that this is some delicate things that got messed up? are there maybe some parts of a gpu that is very sensitive too other parts it is in contact with that could have ruined something. this was in january.

But not the new tvpc should not be a problem since this didnt happend or used on this pc. but this pc is also vary on preformance. So I think maybe the Tv could be damage. I sounds maybe pretty unlikely maybe.

eve:

--- Quote from: tkolsto on October 22, 2022, 03:48:13 pm ---even my tv resetted itself and turned picture mode to eco which is out of the box settings and even the ratio got changed and I got black bars on both sides of the screen.

--- End quote ---

That's super weird dude. I dunno, it seems unlikely that your GPU overheating because you decided to mess with it would break you television in such a specific manner but I guess anything is possible. Typically, breaking something like the HDMI input board will just lead to it not working but I *guess* it's possible.

Guess you're gonna have to buy a new TV? That sounds like incredibly annoying and expensive advice but hey, it might be worth it.
Weird question, are you friends with any electronics / audio dealers in your area? You *might* be able to find someone who doesn't mind you bringing a PC with a test file and trying it on a demo display like a C1 or C2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version