INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wake up from Windows sleep mode  (Read 536 times)

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member
Wake up from Windows sleep mode
« on: October 25, 2022, 02:51:02 pm »

Have a question:

I have configured my Windows 10 MediaCenter computer so that it goes in sleep mode after 15min of no activity. I did that in the windows 10 system configuration of windows, energy options (not screen saver)

Now I want to record a radio stream and use the scheduler to record the program from a certain URL in the middle of the night for 60min.

So what happens ?
As I do not need the computer doing anything the 5hours before the program starts, I expect to go into sleep after 15min as configured in Windows screen  -  yes, it goes into sleep.

BUT: It does not awake from sleep at the time the scheduler should start the recording and the program was therefore not recorded either.

What do I need to do, that JRiver scheduled tasks awake the computer and send it back to sleep automatically after completing its recording task?
Is it possible with JRiver ?

I expected that JRiver scheduler tasks are windows tasks: When a windows task is due to become active it should awake the windows system...shouldn t it ?

What is wrong ? How does it work correctly.

Our public broadcaster often has great program content very late after midnight, which I want to record automatically. I do not want to keep the computer running 24/7 for such scheduled tasks.
Many thanks for advice.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Wake up from Windows sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 03:03:53 pm »

As I do not need the computer doing anything the 5hours before the program starts, I expect to go into sleep after 15min as configured in Windows screen  -  yes, it goes into sleep.

BUT: It does not awake from sleep at the time the scheduler should start the recording and the program was therefore not recorded either.

What do I need to do, that JRiver scheduled tasks awake the computer and send it back to sleep automatically after completing its recording task?
That's how MC's TV recording works.  I'm not sure about anything else.

How are you trying to record?

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 02:09:18 am »

Hi JimH,
thanks for quick response!

I forgot to mention: I want to record a Internet-Radio stream, that is audio only.... no television involved.
There might be an additional problem, as the stream is HLS format. To play the stream live is fine, but can MC 29 also record it to a file and store it on disk ?

I use scheduler:
There you can define a task to record the desired HLS stream from a specific time and date onward for specified length in minutes. The URL need to be specified also.

However the computer doesn t wake up from windows 10 sleep mode and so there is no recording executed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 07:30:04 am »

Windows has a scheduler.  MC also does.  Which are you using?

Try running Media Server on Windows startup.  It's in MC's options for Startup.

MC can record a stream.  Try ctrl mouse click on a stream.  Try the wiki if that doesn't work.

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 11:43:12 am »

I am using the scheduler of JRiver:

Services & plugins TAB on the left of JRiver GUI

Just testing it again with a short 1 min. recording task of a AAC-encoded Internet radio stream.
The task is now finished = but where is the AAC-audio file stored , so I can import it into the database of audio content.... ??

I haven't found where I may be able to configure the storage path in JRiver...
sorry for stupid questions...

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 11:58:06 am »

I think I found the recorded Internet Radio Audio file:
- in JRiver it goes into the Recently Imported Folder under Playlists

Then by right clicking on the line (within Recently imported) of the recording I can Tag it and further sort it out, where in the database as well on the disk physically it will be stored... (using library tools - rename,move copy....)

Workflow understood and I think it works now....
- problem solved -

Thank you for the great software.
I use JRiver because it can implement convolution engine, as I use high resolution 64k long FIR filters for my extensive multichannel audio setup....
The internet streams nowadays are incredible good quality, even without special HiRes audio services (Tidal, etc..)
Pages: [1]   Go Up