INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Import File renaming  (Read 376 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
Library Import File renaming
« on: October 26, 2022, 10:27:29 am »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to JRiver and I am trying to get everything setup just how I like it.

I did a test on just 1 small folder of my movies to import them.   I notice 2 things that it does that I would like to alter if possible.

1st.  The import renamed my physical file on my NAS and added a ton of data in the name that I don't want.  Such as Actors and credits and ect..  I would like to leave the file name alone as I also run a Plex server for the rest of the house.  My current file name setup is "Movie Name (Year).mkv"

2nd.  It downloaded all the artwork to the folder of the movie.   Can I change that and setup a different location for this?   I like keeping my folders as clean as possible?

Thanks in advance for all the help and support.

Aaron

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Import File renaming
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 11:06:13 am »

You can configure auto import from Tools->Import. MC doesn't alter filenames if you don't tell it to do so.

MC saves cover art for videos in the same folder as the video. You can only manually override it yourself one by one OR use some wonderful third party utils like ZRating or MCUtils which can do this for you for the whole collection

ndgame

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 11:47:12 am »

That's where I go to add my network paths.  Which of the options does the renaming?  I don't want it to do this.  I don't mind that it gets the cover art but I didn't want it to save it to the folder.   

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 12:50:36 pm »

If you have to ask you are probably not doing it ;)  MC doesn't do that on import. You kind of have to hack it to be able to. Are you sure that your actual filenames are changing? From where do you verify that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up