INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Collections  (Read 622 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
Movie Collections
« on: October 27, 2022, 01:27:26 pm »

I know I am posting a lot.  But wanted to do a different Topic for each question so that others can seach.   I was not able to find any results this question.

Does anyone have the instructions on how to setup Movie Collections in MC/HT ?

Other products such as Kodi and Plex and Emby do this Automatically.

I would like to put movies that there is more than 1 of in a Collection when in HT looking around.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie Collections
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 07:45:48 am »

There are discussion threads here somewhere in there forum about the matter.

You can try to use the search engine of your choice to try to find it with something like jriver interact movie collections series or something like that. The internal search isn't too good hence the suggestion to try with google or such

eve

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 02:38:40 pm »

I know I am posting a lot.  But wanted to do a different Topic for each question so that others can seach.   I was not able to find any results this question.

Other products such as Kodi and Plex and Emby do this Automatically.

I would like to put movies that there is more than 1 of in a Collection when in HT looking around.

There's ways to do this but IIRC not automated. You COULD scrape the full TMDB (TMDB contains collection data) info for each movie item, store it as a .NFO with the same filename as your movie, and then use the collection field to group things by their collection ID.
JRiver will import MOST things from an NFO, if you make a 'field' matching the exact name of the field in the NFO. Certain field names will not work / import from NFOs for example [Tag] will not, if you want 'tags' from an .NFO you have to re-write the field as something like [Tag2] and create the corresponding field in JRiver first.

I have corresponding NFOs for each movie file, and even if the file itself isn't in JRiver's database, it'll read the .nfo and grab tags / metadata from there before playback. I write my NFOs mostly using IMDB's metadata. It's more consistent and comprehensive than TMDB IMO.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 02:45:34 pm »

There are third party tools (ZRatings, MCUtils) which fetches Movie Series field.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 02:53:39 pm »

I simply use the [Series] field to group them. You can also create a [Collection] field and use that instead. Then you can have a View grouping by the Collection field, very similar to how TV Shows are handled.

Having a [Collections] of List type is also nice. You can tag a movie as belonging to the "Top 100 IMDB" and also "Best 100 Westerns" simultaneously, and group/filter/search using that.

eve

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 03:00:36 pm »

There are third party tools (ZRatings, MCUtils) which fetches Movie Series field.

Thing is, then all that data is somewhat useless for other programs. I went over this years ago and eventually settled on having .nfos written for everything. It allows me to use multiple pieces of software, try out different library managers, and in my case, run my own extensive backend metadata database that connects to a custom front end. This way large metadata queries are lightning fast, all I'm using JRiver for is to get the imdb id of the playing item.

If you have no problem staying 'in the box', then ZRatings is probably the solution for you if you want this automated.

eve

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 04:45:20 pm »

There are discussion threads here somewhere in there forum about the matter.

You can try to use the search engine of your choice to try to find it with something like jriver interact movie collections series or something like that. The internal search isn't too good hence the suggestion to try with google or such

Yeah " YOUR SEARCH site:yabb.jriver.com " in a search engine of your choice is the easiest way to get relevant forum posts off here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up