INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Add Option for 5 Additional Channels in Output Format  (Read 217 times)

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

So the new(ish?) additional channels dialog in output format has been really helpful, but I ran into an issue where I needed an option for 5 additional channels, but currently there is no 5 extra channels option. 

The specific use case is that I have an 8 channel DAC, but it's hooked up to a three-way system with two subs, so I need to mix down to 2.1, and I then do some mixing to split the sub channel between the two subs.  I need to address all eight channels for mixing, but if I use 2.1 with four extra channels I only get seven addressable channels; if I try 2.1 with 6 extra playback fails as the DAC can't support 9 channels of output. 

So if it's possible I'd appreciate an option for five extra channels on the drop down, and thanks again for setting up the additional channels option to begin with. The flexibility has been very helpful for me to try out some exotic speaker configurations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up