INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 30.0.31 for Windows -- Available Here New  (Read 2025 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 30.0.31 for Windows -- Available Here New
« on: November 15, 2022, 10:22:18 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 30.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300031-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300031.exe (works on all systems)

30.0.31 (11/11/2022)

1. Fixed: The new chevron drawing did not change color on mouse over.
2. NEW: Added a TV option to choose whether to use the new transport stream time-shifting or legacy (program stream) time-shifting for bda tuners.
3. NEW: MCWS PlayDoctor command adds option to select/play all files from Cloudplay.
4. Fixed: If the mouse was held down on the art at the top of the program it would keep opening Spotlight over and over.
5. Fixed: The note in the Customize Display dialog was stating to click the display instead of right-click.
6. Fixed: Web Views in Theater View (Netflix, etc) did not show properly in 30.0.30.

30.0.30 (11/8/2022)

1. Fixed: A different fix for changing the sorting for library views not applying properly.
2. Changed: The chevron draw on toolbars when there are more items than fit scales nicely with UI sizing.
3. Fixed: Thumbnails were unconditionally erased when the image filename was changed whether they should have been or not.

30.0.29 (11/7/2022)

1. Fixed: Incorrect background color was being set for Chromium browser.
2. Changed: Spotlight and loading web pages use "LIST" skin background colors.
3. Fixed: Switching from Standard View to full-screen Display View would not reliably switch to the configured full-screen monitor.
4. Changed: The MakeMKV backup decryption option will default to what it was previously set at with Blu-ray discs.
5. Fixed: MCWS calls to SetInfo would not return that the data had not changed when setting some data types.
6. Fixed: Incorrect color was being used to draw chevron for Links bar overflow.
7. Fixed: Changing the sorting for library location type views would not always propagate properly.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).

30.0.28 (11/1/2022)

1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
2. Changed: Updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin some more (thanks HPBEME).
3. Fixed: The rating field could require more space to draw on the right than needed.
4. Changed: Clicking a link on the streaming page will go to the page even if you have that page off so it doesn't show in the tree.
5. Changed: Spotlight hides blue focus rectangle on page load.
6. Fixed: Skins with BorderResizeForText set could get a strange titlebar text.
7. Fixed: Mixing 7.1 to 5.1 with two extra channels would result in the rear channels missing.
8. Fixed: When loading Spotlight or other web pages a brief white flash could be produced.

30.0.27 (10/28/2022)

1. NEW: Spotlight for TV shows uses the TMDB ID for lookup if tag is set.
2. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows also tries leading 0 to search for matching seasons and episodes in the library (e.g. "01").
3. Changed: Added a timer to the SSDP utility to indicate how much time is remaining in the scan.
4. Fixed: Viewing a transparent image with the 3D image viewer would not show a grid in the background.
5. Changed: Hide Spotlight button in Files list header.

30.0.26 (10/26/2022)

1. Changed: Added the MakeMKV backup option to the new media dialog.
2. Changed: Moved the MakeMKV backup button from the disc header to the rip action window.
3. Fixed: Searches could include fields not marked as default search fields.
4. Changed: Included updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin (thanks HPBEME and Marko).
5. Fixed: Client playback of a live bda channel with tuner on the server did not work.

30.0.25 (10/24/2022)

1. Fixed: Using the new deinterlacing mode in JRVR would disrupt seeking in the video.
2. Changed: Updated Hungarian translation (thanks Gyula).
3. Changed: Minor visual tweaks to the main Streaming page (requires refresh).
4. Changed: Updated the new features link in the help menu for v30.

30.0.24 (10/21/2022)

1. Fixed: Album sets with more than 32 albums would not be marked as complete (now the cap is 256).
2. Changed: Cloudplay checks multiple tracks for recent playlists cover art.
3. Fixed: URL for Icecast Streaming was updated.
4. Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.31 for Windows -- Available Here New
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 08:24:38 am »

NEW: Added a TV option to choose whether to use the new transport stream time-shifting or legacy (program stream) time-shifting for bda tuners.

Thank you. Legacy bda mode is working and I have bitstreaming for OTA live tv again. Unfortunately I am getting audio glitches every 4-6 seconds on certain OTA channels:
-immediate and repeatable
-only happens on LIVE tv
-only specific OTA channels
-not present in MC v29, tested all OTA channels including the affected channels
-not audio drop outs, more like overlapping/garbled/glitching
-not present when playing back finished recordings from the affected channels
-tried many combos of audio device buffering and pre-buffering, just makes it worse
-have used bitstream for years across many versions of MC and never had this issue until MC30
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 12:13:45 pm »

Just wanted to thank you for a perfect V30. I have been pushing V30 very hard every day since it was released and have not experienced a single problem, glitch, or anomaly.

There is one small issue that existed long before V30 that you might want to investigate. Occasionally, maybe once out of 10 times, when double clicking to play an MP3, MC stalls for about 3 seconds saying it is "buffering". I know this is not caused by my hard drive spinning up because a minute earlier a different MP3 on the same drive played without a buffering delay.

_mulder

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 12:17:16 pm »

Hello,
I'm affected by what I think is a bug that may have appeared with v .30 and still affects me with the latest version. Using v .18 (this is the only other version I still have), everything is fine.

I have a custom view under movies in Theater view. I created a custom field with the name of my daughter and every time a movie imported and is for her, I annotate this field manually with her name. Then, when I start theater view and go to Video, movies and select her name (instead of grid for example), the list of movies is now empty where it used to be populated with movies only for her with v .18 (or any other previous versions).

I attached a picture on how I did the setup in theater view option for that particular view. Nothing special as I just used the rule [custom] with her name and then sort by order (Paloma ~sort=[Original Title])

Did something change that I miss and I need to rethink how to do this or it's just a bug? Let me know if you need more info

Thank you

jack wallstreet

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 02:24:36 pm »

There is one small issue that existed long before V30 that you might want to investigate. Occasionally, maybe once out of 10 times, when double clicking to play an MP3, MC stalls for about 3 seconds saying it is "buffering". I know this is not caused by my hard drive spinning up because a minute earlier a different MP3 on the same drive played without a buffering delay.

You might check under DSP whether you have "output format" checked.  I and at least one other person have found buffering issues under certain conditions when that box is checked.
John

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 08:03:16 pm »

You might check under DSP whether you have "output format" checked.  I and at least one other person have found buffering issues under certain conditions when that box is checked.

Thank you for the tip. Output Format was checked. When I uncheck it my mp3s won't play and I get the error:

"Something went wrong with playback.
Playback could not be started using format 44.1 kHz 2 Ch.
blah blah blah"

I changed my output device from (Realtek Audio) [WASAPI] to Realtek [ASIO] and now my music plays with Output Format unchecked.

I've never understood the different output devices and usually just pick the one that works first.  Is there any reason that I should not continue to use Realtek [ASIO] with Output Format unchecked?  FYI, I have a set of analog 2.1 speakers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up