INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexpected reaction to keystrokes  (Read 814 times)

Carl

• Recent member
Unexpected reaction to keystrokes
« on: March 05, 2003, 05:16:23 am »

I know that changing the TV channels with the control key and the number pad was implemented in Version 8. It has been mentioned here that this does not work well in version 9 and XP. In fact on my machine it does work, sort of. Selecting Ctrl-13 changes the TV channel to channel 13 but sets the MC view to Media Library. Selecting Ctrl-06 changes the TV channel to 6 but changes the MC view to My Computer. So I thought lets see what happens if I use Ctrl in conjuction with the number keys below the function keys. Well all that does is step through the views in MC. So it seems that using the Number pad in conjunction with the Control key results in competing commands, changing the TV channel and changing MC's current view. Surely the code can be corrected to not change views when the number pad is used..

My second observation is selecting Ctrl-06 with Num Lock turned off and in timeshifting mode will increase the playback speed. I have previously mentioned that this would be a useful feature. The only thing that seems to be missing is the audio. Have I stumbled on to something that is a work in progress?

Carl

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Unexpected reaction to keystrokes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 09:08:46 am »

Carl,

The TV channel swiching keyboard short cuts conflict with MC's tree view navigation. This will be fixed in the next few builds, as Jim had mentioned in another thread.

Channel switching still works if you are in windowed mode, or fullscreen mode, where tree view is not in sight.

Have I stumbled on to something that is a work in progress?

Yes and no. You have stumbled upon FastForward function. Notice that when you turn off Num Lock, the 6 key is actually -> key (right arrow). Ctrl+Right Arrow is for fast forward. Likewise Ctrl + Left Arrow is Rewinding.

Press CTRL + -> once, you get 2x normal speed, press again, you get 4x normal speed, then 8x, 16x speed. Pressing a fifth time you get back normal playing speed.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up