INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Req.: Make [Last Played (album)] relational to [Artist - Album (Year)]  (Read 270 times)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

[Last Played (album)] is a relational field with only 1 value per [Album].
Please change it to "1 value per [Artist - Album (Year)]", which MC does not currently support.

I need this to synchronize Audio and Image views which have instances of albums with the same name but different artists.

Reference:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134481.0.html

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I also see issues with my custom library fields which "Store one value for each album" when two different albums have the same name.
The weirdness is that these fields maintain independent values for these albums in the Audio Library database, but the same fields interact and appear to be linked in the Image Library database.

Example:  I set my custom album relational field for the first album image to 2 in the Image Library database.  Then for an image in the second same-named album this field takes on the value 2 automatically.  If I then set the second album image field to 6, the first album's field value immediately changes from 2 to 6.  The fields are effectively linked, even for differently named images.

The strange thing is that I do not see similar linked behavior in the Audio Library database.  There, all the album relational field values remain independent and hold their respective values for different same-named albums.

This issue may be related to the old so-called "Greatest Hits" problem (?).

Is there any hope of resolving this general problem, such as by adding a new relational field as requested above?
Pages: [1]   Go Up