INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 30.0.33 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 5718 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 30.0.33 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: November 18, 2022, 08:47:00 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 30.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300033-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300033.exe (works on all systems)

30.0.33 (11/17/2022)

1. NEW: View header images can be customized by the skin (Image > ViewHeaderDrivesDevices, ViewHeaderServicesPlugins, ViewHeaderDownload, ViewHeaderPlaylist, ViewHeaderPodcast, ViewHeaderDLNA, ViewHeaderExplorer, ViewHeaderScheduler, ViewHeaderWebMedia, ViewHeaderHandheld, ViewHeaderCD, ViewHeaderLibrary, ViewHeaderLibraryInactive, ViewHeaderReporter, ViewHeaderTelevision).
2. NEW: The transport stream time-shifting method is now also optionally available for OpenCABLE and Sat>IP TV devices.
3. Fixed: The extra channels selection could unintentionally grow when picking other settings.
4. Fixed: Playing audio with more then 8 channels could result in extra channels being silenced if the output would not exactly match (now channel are copied as there is space, and then cut off).

30.0.32 (11/15/2022)

1. Fixed: The links toolbar could crop some buttons since the addition of Spotlight even when there was space for more.
2. Fixed: The option at the top of smartlists to expand links was not working properly.  Now it changes the visible files.
3. Changed: Links are expanded when adding files to a playlist (instead of when viewing since the view should map exactly to the actual files).
4. Changed: Pulled in the Modern Cards Dark updated frame borders from Marko (thanks!).
5. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Fixed: (Possibly fixed) bda tuners could crash when recording is finished.
7. Changed: Play Doctor does not play a local file first when Include Files From Cloudplay option is set to 100%.
8. Fixed: Play Doctor would fail to get any Cloudplay files in some circumstances.
9. Changed: Updated LAV Filters to 0.77.1, for improved performance, compatibility, and bugfixes.
10. Fixed: Video files (and audio files using the video engine, eg. MKA) with more then 8 audio channels did not work.

30.0.31 (11/11/2022)

1. Fixed: The new chevron drawing did not change color on mouse over.
2. NEW: Added a TV option to choose whether to use the new transport stream time-shifting or legacy (program stream) time-shifting for bda tuners.
3. NEW: MCWS PlayDoctor command adds option to select/play all files from Cloudplay.
4. Fixed: If the mouse was held down on the art at the top of the program it would keep opening Spotlight over and over.
5. Fixed: The note in the Customize Display dialog was stating to click the display instead of right-click.
6. Fixed: Web Views in Theater View (Netflix, etc) did not show properly in 30.0.30.

30.0.30 (11/8/2022)

1. Fixed: A different fix for changing the sorting for library views not applying properly.
2. Changed: The chevron draw on toolbars when there are more items than fit scales nicely with UI sizing.
3. Fixed: Thumbnails were unconditionally erased when the image filename was changed whether they should have been or not.

30.0.29 (11/7/2022)

1. Fixed: Incorrect background color was being set for Chromium browser.
2. Changed: Spotlight and loading web pages use "LIST" skin background colors.
3. Fixed: Switching from Standard View to full-screen Display View would not reliably switch to the configured full-screen monitor.
4. Changed: The MakeMKV backup decryption option will default to what it was previously set at with Blu-ray discs.
5. Fixed: MCWS calls to SetInfo would not return that the data had not changed when setting some data types.
6. Fixed: Incorrect color was being used to draw chevron for Links bar overflow.
7. Fixed: Changing the sorting for library location type views would not always propagate properly.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).

30.0.28 (11/1/2022)

1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
2. Changed: Updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin some more (thanks HPBEME).
3. Fixed: The rating field could require more space to draw on the right than needed.
4. Changed: Clicking a link on the streaming page will go to the page even if you have that page off so it doesn't show in the tree.
5. Changed: Spotlight hides blue focus rectangle on page load.
6. Fixed: Skins with BorderResizeForText set could get a strange titlebar text.
7. Fixed: Mixing 7.1 to 5.1 with two extra channels would result in the rear channels missing.
8. Fixed: When loading Spotlight or other web pages a brief white flash could be produced.

30.0.27 (10/28/2022)

1. NEW: Spotlight for TV shows uses the TMDB ID for lookup if tag is set.
2. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows also tries leading 0 to search for matching seasons and episodes in the library (e.g. "01").
3. Changed: Added a timer to the SSDP utility to indicate how much time is remaining in the scan.
4. Fixed: Viewing a transparent image with the 3D image viewer would not show a grid in the background.
5. Changed: Hide Spotlight button in Files list header.

30.0.26 (10/26/2022)

1. Changed: Added the MakeMKV backup option to the new media dialog.
2. Changed: Moved the MakeMKV backup button from the disc header to the rip action window.
3. Fixed: Searches could include fields not marked as default search fields.
4. Changed: Included updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin (thanks HPBEME and Marko).
5. Fixed: Client playback of a live bda channel with tuner on the server did not work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ConradT

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.33 for Windows -- Available Here New
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 09:34:00 pm »

Just downloaded this latest edition and found the OSD of current and upcoming TV programs will not go away like in previous years.  Can the TV onscreen display be controlled by the user?  I want to make it go away after a few seconds.  Right now it stays on the screen throughout the program.

manicfiddler

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 07:36:03 am »

All versions of MC30 that I have tried including .33 have suffered from the same problem.  My "Recorded TV" section in theatre view only shows 2 of my 18 recordings. MC29 shows all if them.

The "rules for display" is simply set to the path of the recording.  I can see no obvious difference between folders that display and those that do not.

Help please?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 08:11:33 am »

Just downloaded this latest edition and found the OSD of current and upcoming TV programs will not go away like in previous years.  Can the TV onscreen display be controlled by the user?  I want to make it go away after a few seconds.  Right now it stays on the screen throughout the program.
This is a known bug with the new time shifting method. Until it gets fixed, if you are using an IR MCE style remote, you can just press the Info button once and wait a few seconds, the OSD will disappear (until the next time you change channels or stop/start a new channel, then you have to press Info again).

Another option is to choose Legacy time shift mode in Tv Settings.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134418.0.html
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 08:13:41 am »

All versions of MC30 that I have tried including .33 have suffered from the same problem.  My "Recorded TV" section in theatre view only shows 2 of my 18 recordings. MC29 shows all if them.

The "rules for display" is simply set to the path of the recording.  I can see no obvious difference between folders that display and those that do not.

Help please?
Another known issue with the new time shifting method, see:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134424.0.html
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

manicfiddler

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 03:23:49 pm »

Another known issue with the new time shifting method, see:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134424.0.html

Ok, I'll switch to TS, I don't get why MC30 is happy to show my 2 oldest recordings, as they are also jtv format!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 03:32:28 pm »

Ok, I'll switch to TS, I don't get why MC30 is happy to show my 2 oldest recordings, as they are also jtv format!

Old JTV recordings will still work.  They must have been recorded before we implemented the new time-shifting. 

If you still prefer JTV recordings, you can turn off the new time-shifting and switch back to the legacy time-shifting.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

manicfiddler

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 08:10:53 am »

Ok, should I be concerned? I have various ts format recordings done in MC29.  None of these show up in MC30.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2022, 02:28:32 pm »

Ok, should I be concerned? I have various ts format recordings done in MC29.  None of these show up in MC30.

All recordings recorded with MC29, whether it is in TS or JTV format, still should be available in MC30.  If you don't see them, you should try importing them back.  You should have no issue playing these old recordings.

The new time-shifting method introduced in MC30 is not able to record in JTV format, thus current public build requires the format be set to TS, unless you change the "Time-shifting method" setting back to "Use Program Stream time-shifting" (the first item in the option).  Therefore with the current public build (build 33), you should either set the time-shifting method to the original method, or simply change recording format to TS.  Again this only matters for current and future recordings, not previous recordings.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

edjohnny

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 12:24:36 pm »

is there a way to separate libraries so that they are not imported together?  in other words, I want to have multiple libraries which can be opened in MC individually.  i want to be able to use MC as my DJ player without the hassle of changing the folder list in the Audio Options section and reimporting everything from the different folder location. 

I have been collecting music for decades and have over 391,000 audio files (mainly songs).  With my DJ service company that is getting off of the ground I want to be able to see only the DJ desired list/library which could be 10 to 500 songs depending on the event...

Ideas if there are any?

jack wallstreet

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 08:05:49 pm »

is there a way to separate libraries so that they are not imported together?  in other words, I want to have multiple libraries which can be opened in MC individually.  i want to be able to use MC as my DJ player without the hassle of changing the folder list in the Audio Options section and reimporting everything from the different folder location. 

Based on your brief description creating libraries does not sound like the best way to do what you want.  Think about creating playlists instead of libraries.  Have two panes (at least) and drag the songs you want to play to the player or to make a new playlist (that is a subset of the original playlist.

P.S.  Your question and this reply belong in the main part of the forum, not this part which is only for problem with the current version.  JRiver will probably move these two items.
John

curiousMonkey

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2022, 10:47:20 am »

My boot drive has been completely filled to capacity twice in the last week. The first time the problem was resolved by restarting the system. The second time I found a file called "previous Log.txt" that was 57GB in the MediaCenter directory. It had last been updated just before I restarted the system.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022, 10:52:10 am »

My boot drive has been completely filled to capacity twice in the last week. The first time the problem was resolved by restarting the system. The second time I found a file called "previous Log.txt" that was 57GB in the MediaCenter directory. It had last been updated just before I restarted the system.

Logging in optional and could be turned off.  57 GB shouldn't fill a drive though.

curiousMonkey

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2022, 11:16:10 am »

Unfortunately my boot drive is a 110 GB SSD. Perhaps you can add an option to limit the size of the log file or stop when a certain amount of free space remains on the drive.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2022, 11:48:17 am »

Unfortunately my boot drive is a 110 GB SSD. Perhaps you can add an option to limit the size of the log file or stop when a certain amount of free space remains on the drive.

If you want to leave logging on, just pick to reset it at a small size.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2022, 07:17:09 am »

I opened MC to my Library view, selected an album, and hovered to read the tracklist.
When I tried to move off the thumbnail and leave the tracklist to seek another album, MC was frozen in place.
When I tried to capture a screenshot, MC went into "ghost-mode" and faded to white.
Photos attached.

This type of behavior has happened on other occasions. My music files (Flac) are located on a 12gb USB Western Digital My Book hard drive.
If MC was waiting for the drive to wake-up, perhaps it could handle things differently?
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2022, 09:32:47 am »

Additional issue:
Attempting to play Radio Paradise FLAC stream, MC throws an error that it cannot play this format at 'X-khz and x-bits' . . .  although it had played it previously, like yesterday and neither I nor Radio Paradise has made any changes to the stream or settings.

Closing MC and restarting, then RP plays fine in the very same format, without the error. Odd.

This has happened to me in the past with local files as well as RP's stream.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

raediant

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2022, 12:02:13 pm »

Startup Media Center with Windows has stopped working.
Was on 30.0.30. Now 30.0.33. Same.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.900.
Lastest update KB5020044 on 11/29/22 which was about the time Media Center stopped starting with Windows.

The RomDoodle!

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.33 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2022, 09:25:18 am »

MC:

Only the best.  And I will alwaystry to stay in 'lock-step' with every version.  Proud member and believer.  Trust me.

Now...

I don't use all the bells and whistles of MC.  Mainly to just manage my library and enjoy my collections across all and any devices, and anywhere in the world but...  Managing a library of over 30K videos, 1M+ audio and 1M+ picture files, this is very challenging.  A library that gets 500+ video and audio additions monthly.  But, MC is still the best.  No wavering love here my friends.

I always run the previous version along with the most current version.  I don't know, I'm just built like that.

So what are the concerns, when playing some videos, MC randomly pauses during playback.  Intermittently. Not on all videos but definitely irritating.  Any thoughts?

Secondly, I can no longer screen grab a video for folder .jpg.  It worked in MC 29.  I may not see the option in MC 30, but is is definitely used very, very frequently by me.  Help!...

Lastly, detaching of the display during video playback either 1- Crashes MC, 2- Detaches but does not show on my monitor.  So I just don't use it anymore.  I noticed this issue a few versions back.  And just assumed it was my hardware (and maybe W10 or W11).  But this issue persists over multiple devices and OS's.  Although my hardware is not the latest available today, my media content is housed in 200TB of local NAS silos (2).  So I honestly don't believe my hardware contributes greatly to the issues listed.

Thanks for the support...

Regardless my friends at JRiver, is the best if not the greatest media portal available today.  I am proud to be a long and sustaining member of the MC community.  Enjoy the holiday season and have a rewarding New Year.  -Rommie
Pages: [1]   Go Up