INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Likely a buffering problem, wi-fi connection with home network  (Read 220 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Likely a buffering problem, wi-fi connection with home network
« on: November 19, 2022, 09:16:21 am »

My first thought is this is more of a Windows/ network problem than a problem with MC, so I'm asking if any Windows gurus know of any settings which can be changed in Windows or MC to help me out of this.  I think it's kind of a variation of the problem in this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130312.msg904037.html#msg904037

I have some trouble with MC stopping playback, both audio and video, periodically.  Some background: I recently bought a new computer and switched to Windows 11.  I installed MC28 and restored my previous Library.  All that is working well.  Unlike my previous computer, though, my new computer sometimes stops playback (it's supposed to be more capable than my old computer, too), both with audio and video files.

The big difference I see, though, is with this particular computer I use a wi-fi connection rather than hard-wired USB.  The computer in question is also acting as a Client via Media Server and "talks" to my Server computer which hosts my Library. 

Tangent: something unexpected happened this morning.  I was watching video and playback stopped.  I was treated to a still frame which my computer "caught up".  At one point I hit the "pause" button thinking that would allow MC to catch up and build some playing time in the buffer.  When I hit "play", the video zoomed ahead a few seconds, kind of like watching a DVD if fast forward (say 2x or 4x).  I didn't expect that, is that normal?  I thought MC would simply continue playing my video file normally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up