INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 30.0.38 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build  (Read 1510 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 30 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download Universal Silicon/Intel 64 bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v30/latest/MediaCenter300038-Universal.dmg (minimum requirement MacOS 10.11)

Note: This should be considered a beta build. We are not auto-updating to anything past 30.0.25 yet.

30.0.38 (12/1/2022)

1. Changed: Turned the test tone generated by Room Correction down a little because it could clip.
2. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Artists to main search box.
3. Improved: Reduced the amount of time for MC to load TV guide programs.
4. Changed: Spotlight uses skin image for missing audio thumbnails.
5. Fixed: Some Artist images for Spotlight were broken.
6. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.6.
7. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.98.
8. Changed: Options that are disabled no longer respond to mouse-over.
9. Fixed: The Playing Now overview view would not size the duration column correctly when running with scale.
10. Changed: Zone presets will be sorted by name.
11. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
12. Fixed: The new smooth progress bar could cause problems during DLNA playback.
13. Changed: Windows that are not popups will no longer have window borders (applies to the remote options page for example).
14. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Actors/Directors to main search box.
15. Fixed: Artwork could be sized incorrectly in some cases.
16. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Movies and TV Shows to main search box (see entries at the end of the dropdown).
17. NEW: Added the ability to export and import all Theater View templates.
18. Fixed: The transport stream time-shifting did not clean up buffering files properly when viewing of a TV channel was stopped (.jrts and *.jrts.cnk files were left in folders).
19. NEW: Implemented a newer WebAPI to fix issues with YouTube playback, it's automatically used on MacOS 13.0 Ventura and newer. Please report issues on Ventura.

30.0.35 (11/21/2022)

1. Fixed: When playing a TV channel using Transport Stream time-shifting (the new time-shifting), the OSD program info text stayed forever unless another OSD came along to replace it..
2. Changed: The position slider is smooth at the end of a track instead of jumping to a slightly different position and moving less smooth.
3. Changed: "Legacy method" (as referring to program stream time-shifting method) is renamed "original method".
4. Changed: The skin name hash is stored along with the view header images so changing skins will not require a restart for custom artwork to populate.
5. NEW: View header images can be customized by the skin (Image > ViewHeaderDrivesDevices, ViewHeaderServicesPlugins, ViewHeaderDownload, ViewHeaderPlaylist, ViewHeaderPodcast, ViewHeaderDLNA, ViewHeaderExplorer, ViewHeaderScheduler, ViewHeaderWebMedia, ViewHeaderHandheld, ViewHeaderCD, ViewHeaderLibrary, ViewHeaderLibraryInactive, ViewHeaderReporter, ViewHeaderTelevision).
6. NEW: The transport stream time-shifting method is now also optionally available for OpenCABLE and Sat>IP TV devices.
7. Fixed: The extra channels selection could unintentionally grow when picking other settings.
8. Fixed: Playing audio with more then 8 channels could result in extra channels being silenced if the output would not exactly match (now channel are copied as there is space, and then cut off).
9. Fixed: A lot of reworking of the Mac CD ripping system to make it more reliable. Needs feedback.
10. Changed: Disabled the window level changing code for now. Going to try a different approach.
11. Fixed: Put a time limit on the event wait for exiting full screen mode.
12. Fixed: Perhaps fixed an issue with the menu bar not showing after exiting full screen mode on Ventura.

30.0.32 (11/17/2022)

1. Fixed: The links toolbar could crop some buttons since the addition of Spotlight even when there was space for more.
2. Fixed: The option at the top of smartlists to expand links was not working properly.  Now it changes the visible files.
3. Changed: Links are expanded when adding files to a playlist (instead of when viewing since the view should map exactly to the actual files).
4. Fixed: Windowing issues with DSP studio and standard and display view.

30.0.31 (11/14/2022)

1. Changed: Removed TV option "Save on stop" since it has not been implemented.
2. Changed: Removed TV option "Start analog devices in time-shifting mode" since analog tuners are not supported on Mac.
3. Changed: Removed TV option "Start digital devices (including CableCARD devices) in time-shifting mode" since TV always starts in time-shifting mode on Mac.
4. Fixed: Another change to window stacking that fixes issues with Theater View and Display View.
5. Fixed: The restart option (launcher path) for the restart icon.
6. Fixed: More changes to popups, window layering and display and theater view window initial display.
7. Fixed: The links toolbar could crop some buttons since the addition of Spotlight even when there was space for more.
8. Fixed: The option at the top of smartlists to expand links was not working properly.  Now it changes the visible files.
9. Changed: Links are expanded when adding files to a playlist (instead of when viewing since the view should map exactly to the actual files).
10. Changed: Pulled in the Modern Cards Dark updated frame borders from Marko (thanks!).
11. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
12. Changed: Play Doctor does not play a local file first when Include Files From Cloudplay option is set to 100%.
13. Fixed: Play Doctor would fail to get any Cloudplay files in some circumstances.

30.0.30 (11/8/2022)

1. Fixed: A different fix for changing the sorting for library views not applying properly.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails were unconditionally erased when the image filename was changed whether they should have been or not. Affected the one time library update in Mac versions >30.0.25. If you were affected by this you can restore from a backup (with thumbnails) or rebuild your thumbnails.

30.0.29 (11/7/2022)

1. Fixed: Incorrect background color was being set for Chromium browser.
2. Changed: Spotlight and loading web pages use "LIST" skin background colors.
3. Fixed: Switching from Standard View to full-screen Display View would not reliably switch to the configured full-screen monitor.
4. Changed: The MakeMKV backup decryption option will default to what it was previously set at with Blu-ray discs.
5. Fixed: MCWS calls to SetInfo would not return that the data had not changed when setting some data types.
6. Fixed: Incorrect color was being used to draw chevron for Links bar overflow.
7. Fixed: Changing the sorting for library location type views would not always propagate properly.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
9. Fixed: Skins with BorderResizeForText set could get a strange titlebar text.
10. Fixed: Mixing 7.1 to 5.1 with two extra channels would result in the rear channels missing.
11. Fixed: Fullscreen mode in MacOS 13.0 (Ventura).
12. Changed: Popup windows forced above the UI so they cannot be hidden when the UI is clicked on.

30.0.27 (10/31/2022)

1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
2. Changed: Updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin some more (thanks HPBEME).
3. Fixed: The rating field could require more space to draw on the right than needed.
4. Changed: Clicking a link on the streaming page will go to the page even if you have that page off so it doesn't show in the tree.
5. Changed: Spotlight hides blue focus rectangle on page load.
6. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows uses the TMDB ID for lookup if tag is set.
7. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows also tries leading 0 to search for matching seasons and episodes in the library (e.g. "01").
8. Changed: Added a timer to the SSDP utility to indicate how much time is remaining in the scan.
9. Changed: Hide Spotlight button in Files list header.
10. NEW: Linux and Mac clients can play live TV with digital TV tuners (bda) on a Windows server.
11. NEW: IMPORTANT: The database is automatically switched to using pre-composed UTF8 on first run of this build! This solves longstanding issues with diacritical characters. Don't use the database which this version updates on a previous build unless you turn off auto-import or you'll get duplicates in your database.
12. Changed: Ventura breaks the fullscreen API MC uses so MC will not go to fullscreen on Ventura and above on this build (solves white screen issues). We hope to fix this in Ventura in a future build.
13. NEW: The library tool "Clean File Properties..." adds a function to convert decomposed utf-8 in tags to precomposed utf-8. This should only need to be use to clean up NAME tags when a file was originally imported without tags (which means the original NAME tag was built from the decomposed filename).

30.0.25 (10/25/2022)

1. Changed: Added the MakeMKV backup option to the new media dialog.
2. Changed: Moved the MakeMKV backup button from the disc header to the rip action window.
3. Fixed: Searches could include fields not marked as default search fields.
4. Changed: Included updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin (thanks HPBEME and Marko).
5. Fixed: Using the new deinterlacing mode in JRVR would disrupt seeking in the video.
6. Changed: Updated Hungarian translation (thanks Gyula).
7. Changed: Minor visual tweaks to the main Streaming page.
8. Changed: Updated the new features link in the help menu for v30.
9. Fixed: Album sets with more than 32 albums would not be marked as complete (now the cap is 256).
10. Changed: Clouplay checks multiple tracks for recent playlists cover art.
11. Fixed: URL for Icecast Streaming was updated.
12. Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.
13. Fixed: Spotlight related artist link wasn't working.

30.0.23 (10/20/2022)

1. Fixed: Album sets with more than 32 albums would not be marked as complete (now the cap is 256).
2. Changed: Clouplay checks multiple tracks for recent playlists cover art.
3. Fixed: URL for Icecast Streaming was updated.
4. Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.
5. Changed: Vertically compress Artist Spotlight so it is more likely to fit on one page.
6. NEW: GPU compute accelerated shader deinterlacing in JRVR (based on the YADIF algorithm).
7. Fixed: ListCombine mode 2 was not trimming spaces when it built the list.
8. NEW: Added a mode 3 to ListCombine that's A - B.
9. Fixed: Another issue with decomposed filenames and name tag generation on import.

30.0.22 (10/19/2022)

1. Fixed: WavPack files played from a library server could incorrectly assume there was a correction file.
2. Fixed: When WavPack found a correction file, it would incorrectly clear the flags about how to open the file.
3. Fixed: Missing wavpack content and mimetypes prevented pushing a wavpack to DLNA renderer.
4. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.5.
5. Fixed: Related Artists in Spotlight were not being retrieved.
6. Changed: When a file is imported without a name in the tags, a name will be generated from a precomposed version of the filename as opposed to the previous behavior generated from decomposed string.

30.0.21 (10/14/2022)

1. Fixed: Wiki web link was opening an image instead of the main article.
2. Changed: The time-shifting file for playback of a DMS channel will have the extension of .jrts instead of .dat.
3. Fixed: Pasting strings from the clipboard containing diacritical characters (like ü) into MC wouldn't work properly if the strings were decomposed utf-8.
4. Changed: Updated video rendering engine for JRVR.

30.0.20 (10/13/2022)

1. Fixed: Wiki web link was opening an image instead of the main article.
2. Changed: The time-shifting file for playback of a DMS channel will have the extension of .jrts instead of .dat.
3. Fixed: Clearing the search box could cause the active tab to shift in some cases as the search box took focus.
4. NEW: Added another mode to ListCombine(...) expression function to allow outputting only values not common to both lists.
5. Changed: Updated Norwegian translation (thanks Øistein Rian).
6. Changed: The SSDP utility will clear the current list of devices and get a fresh list on a rescan.
7. Changed: The device list in the SSDP utility is now sorted alphabetically.
8. Fixed: The SSDP utility could crash while scanning in some rare cases.
9. Changed: The filter box for toolbars accepts a leading "-" so "-playlist" will hide all the playlists.
10. Fixed: Copying and installing of saved Thumbnails when restoring a library backup.
11. Changed: Added a note after the VST buffer size setting that a restart is required.
12. Changed: Made the MakeMKV title selection dialog a bit wider to better handle longer title names.
13. Fixed: The title output filename edit box in the MakeMKV title selection dialog would lose focus while editing in some cases.
14. Fixed: MakeMKV could fail while ripping and the error would not get reported to the user.
15. Fixed: The JRVR shader cache could be corrupted when using MediaCenter for video playback.
16. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
17. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
18. Changed: Five seconds of silence is pushed through VST plugins on flush.
19. Changed: Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).
20. Changed: Cloudplay home page, some minor tweaks to recent playlists display.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.38 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:47:12 pm »

Still getting an annoying full white screen flash when exiting full screen playback with the escape key. If downsizing the display window from full screen, a white window opens and then vanishes.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 08:26:22 am »

Still getting an annoying full white screen flash when exiting full screen playback with the escape key. If downsizing the display window from full screen, a white window opens and then vanishes.
The only changes to the UI in this build are the web calls documented in the changelog above.

I am not seeing the behavior you describe on either MacOS12.x or MacOS13.x on my mini's. Will need more details, preferably a screen video.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 04:04:04 pm »

The only changes to the UI in this build are the web calls documented in the changelog above.

I am not seeing the behavior you describe on either MacOS12.x or MacOS13.x on my mini's. Will need more details, preferably a screen video.

Attached is a screen video where I am double clicking to go full screen. The first white flash is from pressing the escape key. In the second you can see the mouse selecting the window down size. You can see the white window flash. It's odd that the app window is repositioned when I do this.

JRiver is running in the main display. There is a second extended display connected. Ventura 13.0.1, M1 Mac mini.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 06:02:52 pm »

I do see the mis-positioning on the exit from full screen display view mode into not fullscreen mode but no white flashes.
The only way I could see those is if I was using a trackinfo (which calls a web browser for that window)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 06:09:55 pm »

Tried with a video and I see what you see. It's just because the video window is initialized white I'd guess.

HaWi

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 06:52:42 am »

Took a bit of a hit on the benchmark for the MacBook Pro. Went from 3238 on .35 to 2871 on .38. I don't know if this is significant but it worries me some.
EDIT: Never mind, I had just started up MC. After letting it run for a while it's back to normal, sorry.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 3830
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 9468
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 08:12:23 am »

After installing 30.0.38, the first thing I discovered was that it would not load a TrackInfo Plugin. Every time I tried, all I got was an empty White Display Panel.

I tried using the New Restart MC button.  MC closed itself but I then spotted  something I'd never seen before appear on the Desktop.

When I clicked on the Minimise Button, I was able to see what it was that had appeared on the Desktop - It was an Apple Problem Report.

However, this was not the end of the problem, somehow the MC Library lost the location of a fair number of the tracks in the current playlist.

After removing all the tracks from the library and then re-importing them every time I told MC to Restartm it failed to load a TrackInfo Plugin.

I then went back to MC30.0.35 which, other than the problems I'd discovered when testing that version, behaved.

Next day, instead of firing up MC 30 I opened MC29 and since it was using an older library told it to Import all the media files from the exFAT formatted 8TB M2 External Drive the Win and MC30 on the Mac were using.

At no time did Files View show anything other than /Volumes in the Location Column.

After checking to make sure MC29 was working correctly I decided to try all of the MC30 releases sequentially to see if I could spot anything I'd overlooked when checking out each one.

So I started with MC 30.0.9, but before getting it to play anything I told it to Build all the Thumbnails.
In MC30.09 I loaded a Playlist plus a TrackInfo Plugin and then in .09, .12, .18, .23, .30, .31 and let each version play 2 tracks.

But for .35 I let it play quite a few tracks because I'd spotted that it was JRiver and not Apple who had developed/introduced the "Square Wheel"

In every version there was minimal activity happening for the disc holding the media files and in .35 the correct CoverArt was always being displayed by the TrackInfo Plugin.

Unfortunately when it came to 30.0.38 I discovered that the failure to load a TrackInfo Plugin wasn't the only thing wrong with it.

At one point I told 38 to switch from Standard View to Display View - which it did.

When I used the escape key to return back to standard view I didn't see a white flash but I did momentarily see the phrase "Press Escape....... " appear before thee Standard Window drawn.

Another time when I told MC to switch to Display View when Display View Opened I told it to Lock the Player Bar in place, switched back to Standard View and then back to Display View.

But instead of opening DisplayView "Windowed" it opened it in fullScreen Mode and when I went fishing for the Pop-Up Playerbar, the Display View window shot off to the right to reveal the desktop with the Pop-Up Playerbar sitting on it.

After telling the pop-up to lock itself into the Display View Window it reappeared, and Ventura decided to entertain me while switching it from FullScreen to Windowed Mode.

It drew DV in Windowed mode and then treated the bits of the original window that were hiding the Menubar and dock as if they were tear of strips.

Now I'm not sure if this happened when I was playing Music or when I played the video from the Beatles Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition but in returning from Display View to Standard View the Dock appeared to have gone missing.

Something had switched it from Locked to Unlocked Mode and I had to reboot the Mac to get it to stay in it's locked position.

Another bit of weird behaviour - At one point I told MC to detach the Display Panel, which it did but I was unable to find out where MC had hidden it because it was not above or behind the Main MC Window.
I then told it to Reattach it which it appeared to de but another odd behaviour raised it's ugly head - The Display Panel would not respond to right-clicks. Nor would it respond to left-clicks in other parts of the window.
I ended up having to apply the boot to it and then restart it to get it to once again behave itself.
Another fun/odd thing I experienced at one point after having gone in and out of Display View and telling MC to stop playing after that track instead of the Display Panel switching to showing the Play Doctor screen I got one telling me to:-
Press Escape to Exit Display View below the MC Logo.

Oh and every now and then MC would forget to remember it was supposed to open Display View in Windowed Mode.

Bob - It may not be the Browser Engine that is causing that White Flash.
On a Win PC get MC to play a track while having a TrackInfo Plugin active, then switch to any view other than Playing Now and if it isn't already open, open the Display Panel in the Tree. Then right Click on that panel and switch the bottom option to Show CoverArt when Small.
What you should then see is the CoverArt on a White Background regardless of which skin you are using.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 08:27:50 am »

The browser engine changes in 30.0.38 for Ventura weren't working with local files (the API didn't like them). That explains your trackinfo issues since they are local web files.
That will be fixed in the next build.

The other changes WRT entering and exiting full screen mode are probably related to what you are seeing in that area.
MC Mac has no idea about pinning windows, etc. It's going to expect that when it asks the OS to do something, it does it.

I don't entirely get your comment about the restart. Are you saying that there is a crash report window behind the newly restarted MC window?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 09:14:24 am »

I don't entirely get your comment about the restart. Are you saying that there is a crash report window behind the newly restarted MC window?

Yes - I've attached a screenie
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 02:58:32 pm »

Yes - I've attached a screenie
Cool. Can you enclose the crash dump please?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 04:11:48 am »

Cool. Can you enclose the crash dump please?

Sorry but since I no longer own, or have access to, the Mac Mini I can't

jcoccagna

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 07:22:11 am »

I’m having a similar issue, I was having it in MC29 as well (part of the reason I upgraded to 30).  It could have started at the time I updated my operating system to Ventura.

If I go full screen for display, whether it be album artwork or to play any video, and hit escape as I usually do, the screen goes full white but then leaves the display in the bottom left corner.  I have to force restart the machine from there, I haven’t found another way out of it. This is on a main display with a second display attached. 

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 03:50:38 pm »

I can't get the JRVR stats on screen with Ctrl+J.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2022, 09:33:44 am »

I can't get the JRVR stats on screen with Ctrl+J.
Did that previously work on Mac?

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 02:36:05 pm »

Did that previously work on Mac?

Yes I believe it did. Not sure if it worked with Control+J or Command+J.
Pages: [1]   Go Up