INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature req: number mp3s sequentially when burning  (Read 733 times)

twriter

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Feature req: number mp3s sequentially when burning
« on: February 27, 2003, 02:08:28 pm »

I know it's typically impossible to get new features in a product once it's in beta, but here goes: Is it possible to add an option when burning a playlist of mp3 files to an mp3 CD to add sequential numbers to the beginning of the filenames that are actually burned (without touching the original filenames)? This feature would have to be smart enough to:

- add only the needed number of digits (1 digit if 1-9 files are being burned, 2 digits for 10-99 files, 3 digits for 100-999 files)
- recognize if track numbers are already part of the filename and modify (rather than prepend) the filenames as needed when the files in the playlist are being written

Here's why. I have a CD/MP3 player in my car--which I love. But just like a default file listing in Explorer, it recognizes files on an mp3 CD in alphabetical order. So I can't use Media Jukebox (8) to burn mp3 CDs. Rather, I have to manually copy the files to a temporary folder, then manually change the filenames, prepending numbers to all the filenames--a rather onerous task.

fex

Re: Feature req: number mp3s sequentially when bur
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 09:49:28 am »

This would be a very great option. No other program offers that (as far as i see). Most of actual car-(mp3)-players don't know playlists. No chance to control playback-order. And it would be not to difficult to integrate it (maybe in MC 10  ;) ?).

Fex
Pages: [1]   Go Up