INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lots of questions  (Read 723 times)

Donski

• Recent member
Lots of questions
« on: December 19, 2022, 03:47:21 pm »

Hi,
I'm becoming reasonable proficient with JRiver but can't get the Id to work. I'm not sure I know the right questions to ask to get it sorted out, but here goes.

1) I can't find the Id on the network, either in windows network or on my desktop JRiver server. I've followed the directions by enabling SMB 1.0  in Windows but no help.

2) I don't really want to play from storage on the Id, but thought I would try adding it as a server using Gizmo. When I try and add the Id's access key as a server with Gizmo it says it can't be found.

3) Is there a way to make the Id graphics larger on my TV?  I can see the Id menu on my TV and can operate the different menu items by using a dongle & keyboard but the graphics are so tiny I have to get right in front of the TV.
After the Id finishes booting, I get a full screen JRiver desktop view, but then it disappears or maybe minimizes after 30 seconds or so. Either way I can't find it or maximize it. I see what appears to be a system tray or menu bar at the bottom of the screen, but trying to bring it up with the Air Mouse is difficult at best.

Thanks,
Don

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lots of questions
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 04:31:32 pm »

Is the Id connected to your network?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132835.0.html

You can enlarge the font under Tools > Options > Tree & View.

Donski

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 05:43:30 pm »

Hi Jim,

I had a bad cable and it wasn't connecting. Now it's connected but have 1 yellow light on the back of the ethernet port on the Id. When I try and open network manager by choosing #13, the Id reboots. I can see meta data in the library but the files are missing

I went into Tree and view and chose a larger font size and the home page was much bigger but the main menu and cursor are still really small. The main menu is about 5" x 6" on a  56" TV and the cursor is barely visible.

I found the JRiver homepage in the tray.

Thanks,
Don

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 09:33:00 pm »

You can't use wifi and wired at the same time.

Right click on the desktop to get to network settings.  Uncheck one of the above.

Donski

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 02:19:34 pm »

Last night I went into network manager and checked to disable wifi.  Today I see a lot of packets sent and received. But the files still can't be found.

Am I correct in understanding that the Id is playing files from my desktop computer, and doesn't need it's own library? I was having this problem with my desktop computer server and had to delete and re-create the library for the files to be found. I can see that the network share is correct after the Id home/media, although in the address of the share it's showing something weird like home/media/\\public share .... with the / followed by \\

Any ideas on getting the mouse cursor larger?

Thanks

Donski

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 04:17:51 pm »

Network is working now. The port is only showing a Yellow/Orange indicator. Not sure if there's a way to get better speed?

I created a new Library on the Id and directed it to the NAS and it's playing files too.

Now if I could only see the cursor from more than 2' away I'd be set!

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up