INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: command line commands for changing DSP Studio settings  (Read 325 times)

philipg

• Recent member
command line commands for changing DSP Studio settings
« on: December 21, 2022, 06:44:04 am »

Hi All,

I would like to run commands via MC30.exe command line in order to change some of the DSP settings on the fly while continuously playing music.  E.g. change "Effects->Sound Field" level the same way that I can change it via the UI (which has immediate effect).

I have looked at https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#Playback and I see I can change zones from the command line so at first sight this seemed to be the only available option.

However, playing with zones in the UI I cannot make them do what I want:

1. create 2 zones: ZoneA and ZoneB (a clone of ZoneA but with some DSP settings changed).  Both zones have the same output device since the only difference between zones are some DSP settings.
2. link or group (I tried both) ZoneA and ZoneB
3. Switching zones during playback should change the active DSP settings, but this does not happen. Double clicking on ZoneA or ZoneB does not cause audible DSP differences as they should.  But looking at the audio path I can see that the path changes to include/exclude DSP options as expected.

Is this supposed to work as I expect (audibly change DSP settings)?  If not how can I change DSP settings on the fly during playback using the command line interface?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: command line commands for changing DSP Studio settings
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 07:37:08 am »

You can use MCWS/v1/LoadDSPPreset to do this

philipg

• Recent member
Re: command line commands for changing DSP Studio settings
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 04:19:35 am »

Thanks Matt.  That's exactly what I needed and now that I am using the correct search terms I see others have had the same question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up