INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File not playing after using the rename and move  (Read 499 times)

beast

File not playing after using the rename and move
« on: December 21, 2022, 08:13:07 pm »

First a little background I have been using MC since version 12, currently using V16.  I did recently do a trial of V30 but it has expired.  I have been using the rename and move function for a long time with no problems.  Recently the files moved won't play at all, they can be located externally and internally but I think there is a problem with the file type or encoding.  When I try to play the file it doesn't play in MC or externally.  A menu pops up asking how do I want to open this file.  MC is listed along with other choices but still won't play.  Is there a way to see what type of encoding is on a file? I am wondering if the encoder type (Monkey's Audio (APE) is causing the issue.  When I try to convert the file to the MP3 encoder, message is Failed to convert, ensure file exists and are of a supported format.  The file had to be supported because it did play in MC prior to moving the file, so any change was made by MC (whether I changed something or not it was within MC).  I have a lot of music files so I will not do any more editing of files until this problem is resolved. Also the files are on an external drive if that makes any difference.

JRiver 16.0.181
Pages: [1]   Go Up