INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stop video playback at end of current file of a playlist  (Read 332 times)

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
stop video playback at end of current file of a playlist
« on: January 02, 2023, 07:32:01 pm »

I have been using JRiver since ver 11 for audio and since ver 15? for video. I run separate instances for audio and video as the audio server runs 24x7, the video only when watching. I don't tinker very often as what I have works. My question / issue. I have several TV shows each in its own playlist. I would like to have the playback stop when the current file is finished, then I can manually start the next file. Otherwise if I fall asleep (I'm an old retired guy) I can easily find my place the next time I want to watch the next episode. I have searched the forum and dug around in options and nothing jumps out at me.

Any ideas? I am currently on MC27

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: stop video playback at end of current file of a playlist
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 08:00:31 pm »

"Stop After Current File" should work for you.  It is in the menu Player | More Stop.  You can also use the Ctrl+Shift+S keyboard shortcut.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 11:31:55 am »

Thank You!

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 11:49:18 am »

There is also a handy custom toolbar button available for "Stop After Current File" (toggle).  It is greyed out when the playlist is empty, then lights up when files are queued in the Player, but unfortunately does not change its indication when set/unset.

The button needs updating to make it a much more useful indicator, for example:

(1) 3-states:   a third color to indicate "set" and this color should appear whenever playing is set to stop after the currently playing file.

or:

(2) 2-states: Leave it grayed out whether Player list is empty or not.  It just toggles set/unset "Stop After Current File".  That would be more informative and less confusing than current behavior.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 02:31:59 pm »

And if those aren't enough options, here are two more:
  • Right-click on the stop button, and there is a menu option to stop play after the current track - see 1st pic. 
  • You can also just middle click the stop button to turn it on/off (right-click on the stop button to verify middle click toggles it on/off)
A couple of caveats:
  • A track must be playing for the menu option to be selectable
  • both options above requires the "Stop" button to be turned on (see 2nd pic)... and the skin you're using must support a stop button (not all of them do).
That said, in my brief testing this setting does not remain in effect when you start playing a new song, so you have to re-select it each time you start a new track.  I don't personally use this setting, but if I did, it seems like you would want it to remain in effect until you manually toggled it off. But then again, those who want this behavior and use it, would perhaps prefer to toggle it on each time.  What do I know :)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 02:35:49 pm »

There also is the "Stop After Each Item" Repeat Mode which remains enabled until you turn it off.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 02:37:45 pm »

There also is the "Stop After Each Item" Repeat Mode which remains enabled until you turn it off.
I was just about to amend my post to mention that, but you beat me to it.  That feature is something I actually use.

I should also note that for my prior post I was testing with audio files only. I imagine it behaves the same with video files as well, but thought I should point that out just in case.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 03:22:02 pm »

I appreciate all the responses and help. I actually was able to "officially" try it out last night as I fell asleep before the episode I was watching last night ended. The episode ended and the screen went dark. Exactly what I was looking for
Pages: [1]   Go Up