INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to use the pane view for playlists  (Read 513 times)

luigiv

• Recent member
how to use the pane view for playlists
« on: January 03, 2023, 02:50:04 am »

I would like to use the pane view for playlists, thanks in advance for your help
Sincerely

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: how to use the pane view for playlists
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:52:08 am »

If you right click Audio and then "Add Library View".  Choose the "Panes" example... bottom left.  Then customize that new view.  Add "Playlist Group" as a new category (left side of screen).  Now the top pane should be your playlists "list".  Bottom pane should be playlist tracks.  I believe you can sort the bottom pane by any column.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 03:28:06 pm »

Another option instead of panes is to assign your playlists to the "Radio" buttons right above the file list.  You change the button count from 6 up to 18, and assign whatever playlist you want to each button.

The radio buttons function as a one-click playlist launch, as it immediately begins playing.  It is also not dependent on which tab is active, as the radio buttons are always available for all tabbed views.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 11:50:03 am »

I'm assuming Radio Buttons under Playing Now is an MC30 feature.  I'm actually still running 29 and I don't see any Radio Buttons?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 12:06:42 pm »

It is not a new feature. I think MC has had it for at least five years now… maybe even 10 years?  You just have it turned off apparently.  Go to Options/General/Features/Car Radio, tick the checkbox and then restart MC.

I absolutely love these buttons, but fair warning: you do have to be careful anytime you click on the splitter bar just beneath them, otherwise you might accidentally click a radio button, which then immediately replaces the current playing now queue with the playlist specified for that button.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 12:19:04 pm »

HPBEME.... Car Radio is on... still no buttons listing under playing now.  I actually created two Car Radio playlists (assuming they would show as buttons).... They did not, so I restarted MC and the newly created Car Radio playlists disappeared.  I will install MC 30 and see if it works there.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 12:29:04 pm »

Thanks Jim.  I did search the wiki for "radio" and "radio buttons".  Didn't immediately recognize that the Car Radio entry was the answer.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 12:47:15 pm »

If the skin you are using is any of the Modern Cards versions, you will only see number text above the splitter.  I believe the Modern Cards skin authors chose not to use a button image in order to minimize its visual impact.  Regardless, there should at least still be button numbers above the splitter line (they display as numbers only until you assign/name them with a custom playlist, at which point it will show that custom name).

HPBEME.... Car Radio is on... still no buttons listing under playing now.  I actually created two Car Radio playlists (assuming they would show as buttons).... They did not, so I restarted MC and the newly created Car Radio playlists disappeared.  I will install MC 30 and see if it works there.
You did try right-clicking the numbers to assign the playlists… Right?

No matter what skin you are using, if you have ticked the Car Radio checkbox as indicated in my previous post, and there is nothing immediately above the splitter line, then I'm not sure what's going on with that.  But maybe all is now resolved since your last post? Hopefully?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 02:54:33 pm »

Yes.. all resolved.  The numbers (1 thru 12) were there all the time.  I just didn't recognize them as what they were.  Thought they were column numbers or something :-\  I guess the reason my car radio playlists disappeared was because I created them using the "add playlist" function in the playlist tree... instead of using the playing now button process.  My MC skin is Thunderstorm.  That skin evidently doesn't show the radio buttons in the Playing Now drop down (as depicted in your post above.)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 03:12:39 pm »

Yes.. all resolved.  The numbers (1 thru 12) were there all the time.  I just didn't recognize them as what they were.  Thought they were column numbers or something
Glad to hear that.  That's funny you thought they were column numbers, but I guess understandable if you have never used them.

My MC skin is Thunderstorm. That skin evidently doesn't show the radio buttons in the Playing Now drop down (as depicted in your post above.)
When I switch to the Thunderstorm skin, I see the radio buttons.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by Playing Now "drop down"?  Are you referring to my zones underneath the Playing Now header in the Tree on the left?  If so, that has nothing to do with the car radio buttons. I added numbers in front of the zone names to ensure they sort in the order I want - they are not car radio button numbers.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 10:40:47 am »

Man, I guess I was a little "slow on the uptake" yesterday.  I kept looking at the Playing Now tree for the buttons.... ignoring the view display.  I got it now... Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up