INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation troubles  (Read 971 times)

millz

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Installation troubles
« on: February 28, 2003, 06:03:06 am »

I have downloaded the 122 build of v9 and am having troubles with the installation routine.  It seems fine until it gets to the "Appearance Selection" dialog, where the installer crashes immediately.  

I am running XP Pro, with all Windows Updates installed.  An AMD 1.75GHz proc, 0.5GB RAM, and dual-monitors.

I have not had problems with previous versions (<= 105).

Any thoughts?  I'm not even sure that this forum is where I post support requests like this (as a registered v9 owner).  If someone knows a better place, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installation troubles
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 07:04:25 am »

I don't know but try renaming some of your skins folders.  It's dying on something it sees there, I think.

Let us know what you find.

millz

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 07:09:57 am »

I moved the three skin folders (mini, mega, full ) into a new folder I made called skins but received the same error.  

The install did re-create the skins folders, however.  

I will try an uninstall/re-install after lunch if that might help.  I don't wanna lose the ability to use the program though, so I will first have to find an installer for 105; I guess.

millz

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 08:01:52 am »

Some more info:

I uninstalled my 9.0.105 (which likely had some files that were installed by the crashing 122 installer in its program files dir) and told it to NOT remove my library files and registery settings.  Then I tried to install 122 and saw the same crash.  MediaCenter would not run (it would start but then complain about a runtime error and close).

I was not able to uninstall 122 (since it never completely isntalled) but I was able to download
ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9X.exe  and successfully install it over top of the incomplete install.  My about box tells me that I am now running 105.

:-/

Thanks,
Jason

millz

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 04:08:54 am »

Well, I have installed 123 on my home machine (which is also XP Pro) and did not have any problems.  Must be something weird with the setup on my work machine.

Thanks,
Jason

millz

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 04:20:56 am »

One last update on this...I completely (library and all) uninstalled 9.0.105 from my machine, deleted any leftover files after a reboot, and reinstalled 123 sucessfully.  

I also remebered that at one time I tried to revert to v8 (b/c of some bugs in the v9 I was using) and I am wondering if that was causing me these install troubles now.  However, a complete reinstall has worked, so good.

Thanks!
-jason

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 11:47:38 am »

It could have been a problem with a failed conversion, I suppose.

Thanks for reporting what you found.  It may help someone else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up