INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD ISO imports all missing the 1st track  (Read 447 times)

TP1964

• World Citizen
SACD ISO imports all missing the 1st track
« on: January 06, 2023, 11:45:30 am »

I hate to keep piling on here - but when I reimported my library when I moved my server to a Mac Mini - I just noticed today that every SACD iso I have imported has track 1 missing and the last track doubled. Every one. Has anyone else ran into this? I'm about ready to delete MC30 and just reinstall from scratch and reimport everything all over. With the other problems I've discussed here and now this - I feel like maybe I need to do a fresh start, since I moved this library from a Windows environment to a Mac.

Question - if I do that - should I delete all of the "sidecar" files? Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to do that across the entire library?

TP1964

• World Citizen
Re: SACD ISO imports all missing the 1st track
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 02:24:25 pm »

Did a full reinstall. Didn't restore the library and didn't delete the "sidecar" files. It resolved my remote client connection issue - but upon reimport - all of the iso sacd files came in with the first track missing and the last track doubled.

Should I delete the sidecar files? is there an easy way to do that en masse?

TP1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 02:53:39 pm »

A little more info - on further review, it is NOT on every one - it appears to be only on titles that have an odd character in them (for instance, 'S Wonderful) - and if this helps to narrow it down - when I delete the sidecar file and drag and drop the iso into MC, it corrects - all tracks are there, no doubled last track and in the correct order.

So something about the import function on the Mac with odd punctuation in it on SACD ISO files - the ones I've seen had !!, ', ", and also numbers for title: 90125, 461 ocean blvd., etc.

I'll continue to clean up since at least it doesn't appear to be the entire collection, but it might be something you folks want to look into since this was a completely clean installation. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

TP1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 03:57:58 pm »

Aright - digging even deeper - it's nothing to do with the title. Seems to be every folder that has a "JRSidecar" file in it. I'm doing a mass search/delete for any file containing JRSidecar, then I'll try to reimport the whole library. My situation may be unique going from Windows to a Mac environment but maybe this will help others. i'll report back.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 06:42:21 pm »

Aright - digging even deeper - it's nothing to do with the title. Seems to be every folder that has a "JRSidecar" file in it. I'm doing a mass search/delete for any file containing JRSidecar, then I'll try to reimport the whole library. My situation may be unique going from Windows to a Mac environment but maybe this will help others. i'll report back.
You probably can't use the sidecar files from windows on Mac or linux and vice versa.

TP1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 09:05:32 am »

Yes - so I've discovered. Short version - I did a finder search of every file in my library with "JRSidecar" in the filename and deleted it. Cleared the library. Reimported everything. Everything came in correctly this time. A bit longer way around than I would've liked, but at least the library is back to being complete. Thanks, Bob!
Pages: [1]   Go Up