INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preserve View settings on Clients  (Read 431 times)

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Preserve View settings on Clients
« on: January 08, 2023, 08:38:25 am »

My Library Server and main player is now connected to a 4K TV. All other clients in the network (laptops and another TV) are still 1080p. This creates problems will all my views, as any change made in the clients are lost on restart and they revert to the Server's view settings.

You can see the problem in the attached screenshots. Most of my Views are Playlists in Thumbnail mode and I set the View zoom level (slider) in the server to an adequate level - for me, 6 or 7 thumbnails per row. On the 1080p clients however, each time I restart MC the same zoom level taken from the server is re-applied, resulting in only 3 giant thumbnails visible. Any customization made on the client is lost on next restart.

Note the Zoom slider on both screenshots is set to the same position. It's very annoying to have to adjust the zoom level on each and every playlist each time the client restarts. The Details view is also problematic, with the column widths not being preserved, among other similar issues.

Request:
- allow clients to save their own view settings, independent from the Server
- add a "reset view" context menu option that re-applies the Server's view settings (on clients) or default settings (on servers)

- Alternatively, please change the Zoom slider so that it's consistently applied across different resolutions.

Server: 2160p resolution, Windows zoom = 250%, MC zoom = 90%
Client: 1080p resolution, Windows zoom = 125%, MC zoom = 100%

Thank you.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Preserve View settings on Clients
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 11:20:14 am »

+1 on this: I switch between a 1080p monitor and a 4K TV and have had this problem for some time.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 02:49:02 am »

Bumping my own request:

- allow clients to save their own view settings, independent from the Server
- add a "reset view" context menu option that re-applies the Server's view settings (on clients) or default settings (on servers)

It's annoying for many users (read: me) that Clients and servers can't have different views, column lists, zoom settings, etc.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 03:38:31 am »

Sounds reasonable. Hopefully something can be done here after video file track properties and metadata  scraping tasks are implemented. In general there are a lot of features which could be added in the server-client / user management front
Pages: [1]   Go Up