INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Decoding in MC30  (Read 247 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
Decoding in MC30
« on: January 09, 2023, 12:30:46 pm »

Hello,

I have JRiver MC30 running and configured to use MadVR.   While playing a movie I am getting a jumpy playback however I am only using like 30% of my cpu and 30-40% of my GPU. 

I posted the results in the MadVR forums and I am being told that it is a video Decoding issue causing dropped frames.   Upon answering a few of their questions and telling them I use JRiver they said they decoding is done in JRiver.  However I can't find any information on what JRiver is using to decode video or where I would make adjustments to the decoding.

Can someone help with this.

Most of my movies are MKV's that are made by doing a direct backup of the disc or my ISO's I created from the disc. 

Thanks,

Aaron

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Decoding in MC30
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 02:50:06 pm »

The video Options are in Tools --> Options --> Video

The main option for decoding is just the checkboxes for:
- Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible
- VideoClock (will adjusted non-bitstreamed audio to prevent the occasional video frame drop/add due to clock drift)
- Optimize hardware decoding for performance (this is a madVR only option for low end GPUs)

The cause of dropped frames can be a few things (and decoding is the least likely).  Can you describe:
- What GPU are you using
- What OS are you using (Win 10 / 11 etc)
- What is "Jumpy Playback"?  Is it the occasional single frame drop/repeat, a bunch of drops/repeats every now and again, continuous frame drops all the time, a weird micro stuttering all the time.

Also, unless there is something very specific you need in madVR, I'd suggest you use Video Mode: Red October JRVR.  madVR is now very old and bugs are simply not being addressed. 
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up