INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't seem to change TV Video Media Sub Type  (Read 390 times)

wkmac

• Recent member
Can't seem to change TV Video Media Sub Type
« on: January 19, 2023, 10:01:21 am »

I am editing the Media Sub Type tag in MC, changing 'TV Show' to 'Extras', but it goes back to TV Show on a refresh even after I Update Library (from tags).  It works sometimes if I Remove Tags, then empty Video and TV Show tags, then set Video and Extras, but it is inconsistent.  Is there something I might be missing?  This makes it difficult to save TV Series extras (vs just letting them go...)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't seem to change TV Video Media Sub Type
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 12:57:18 pm »

Media Sub Type has set values and you cannot add to them. MC uses them internally, so it does not allow any changes. You can use one of the defined values, like Other, even though it is not exactly what you want.  You can see all the allowed values when you set the field in the tag editor. If you want to customize the values you need to create your own field and use that. 

wkmac

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 01:29:36 pm »

Thanks for answering so fast. 

I do understand that I can't define new Sub Types.  However, the subtype I am trying to edit in is "Extras," a pre-defined Media Sub Type. 

My problem is that although it works fine when I am edit a Video Media Type that is set as a Movie Media Sub Type, when MC fills in the Subtype already as TV Show, it (nearly always) won't allow me to change it.  It shows in the field, but after I update library with tags it goes back to TV Show.  TV Show seems extra sticky so-to-speak as a tag.   It ought to allow a change, and in fact sometimes does, but usually not.

So--there is probably something else I should look for that would affect the ability to change Media Sub Type from TV Show to Extras?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 01:59:55 pm »

"Update Library (from Tags)" will overwrite your fields with whatever was previously saved to the file/sidecar, so it can overwrite your changes. You likely want "Update Tags (from library)". Or you can just enable the option "Update tags when file info changes".

wkmac

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 08:22:49 am »

"Update Library (from Tags)" will overwrite your fields with whatever was previously saved to the file/sidecar, so it can overwrite your changes. You likely want "Update Tags (from library)". Or you can just enable the option "Update tags when file info changes".

This works.   :)  Thanks so much...such an easy fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up