INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows keystrokes to operate MC via FLIRC  (Read 251 times)

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Windows keystrokes to operate MC via FLIRC
« on: January 21, 2023, 09:27:26 am »

Hi,

I am trying to get a FLIRC USB device up and running on my HTPC on which MC is installed and operating.  I am having a dickens of a time trying to figure out what keystrokes operate MC as far as playback goes and any other functions that should be controllable with Windows.

I do see the CTRL(plus a key) functions from within the MC window/Player menu so is it simply being able to somehow code that into the Logitech programmable remote that I am hitting the FLIRC device with?

Thanks for your thoughts!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows keystrokes to operate MC via FLIRC
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 09:45:24 am »

FLIRC translates IR input to keystrokes, so you should be programming the FLIRC, not your remote (generally).

Since MC responds to MCE you can cover 90% of the functionality by using the "MCE remote" overview in the FLIRC programming GUI and replicating your button presses. For specific keystrokes you can check the default Data/Resource.xml file in the MC program directory, or redefine them globally with a custom resource.xml file. For anything more exotic I've found it's easiest to combine MCC/MCWS commands with hotkey detection (AHK/EventGhost).

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Windows keystrokes to operate MC via FLIRC
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 10:30:05 am »

Thanks Bryan.  I have probably got my head wrapped around the axle, but to get the IR to the FLIRC I intend to use one remote, the Logitech, to control both MC and the associated audio equipment at the output of the computer which is a Denafrips T+ DAC and and Denafrips Athena preamp feeding the two main monobloc amplifiers.

Volume and mute will be done with the Denafrips stuff and the control of MC needs to be sent via the FLIRC.  I'll do some more reading up on FLIRC and the "MCE remote" per your recommendations.

Thanks again!

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up