INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obscure VST graphics issue?  (Read 515 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Obscure VST graphics issue?
« on: January 21, 2023, 07:16:21 pm »

I use IK Multimedia's ARC (Acoustic Room Correction) v.3.1.0 (VST 2) in my MC VST stack.

Everything's been working great for years, across various versions of both MC and IK ARC.

However ... a strange graphics issue has shown up recently:

ARC's GUI displays some curves representing the room before and after correction. Only in MC, those curves are not being drawn in the right places. They have some combination of the following wrong -- it's hard to tell: 1) too low in the graph, 2) multiplied horizontally by maybe x2 or x4. What results is just a few peaks in the intended curves poking up along the bottom of the graph.

All other functionality remains stable and correct -- including the expected effect on the sound.

Given that the curves are graphically dynamic, meaning they can be drawn differently depending on various setting inside the VST, I'm wondering if this is some small oversight in the host side of things (in MC), or with the plugin. Thing is, I use the same plugin in other VST hosts, in various environments, always without this graphic anomaly.

Please see the attached image as an example. Normally the curves show up roughly in line with the 0dB line (as one would expect). In the attachment you can see just the peak of one green curve way down in the lower left quadrant.

Thank you in advance for any insights or suggestions.

Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Obscure VST graphics issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 06:30:22 pm »

Possibly semi related to your issue.
I actually noticed a weird alignment issue in the Analyzer panel, I kept hearing a high pitched 'noise' (that was determined to be CRT noise embedded into the original film mix) in some media and was trying to diagnose it. So, the numbers on the x indicated it was 16kHz which was incorrect when fed into a proper tool showing 14.75kHz which is what it sounded like and matches CRT noise.

There was another VST (I can't recall which) that had weird graphical issues for me too in previous versions.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 12:47:35 pm »

Update:

I discovered someone else posted in the IK Multimedia support forum that they were experiencing this anomaly too, with no mention of JRiver as the host. So ... possibly this is a bug in the VST, not the host(s). Will post more news if I come across it. I also posted on the IK support forum.
Derek Pert

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 09:27:15 am »

Update --

I wrote to IK Multimedia Support:
"It happens in Cubase Pro 12.52, and JRiver Media Centre 30.0.xx. However, it does not happen in Plogue Bidule 0.9782."

IK Multimedia Support responded:
"This is a known issue in Cubase using HiDPI mode, if you turn this off in Cubase it will resolve it for now."

They did not respond re: JRiver MC. But I'm passing this on in case it provides any clues as to why it's also happening in JRiver MC.

I do not have the JRiver MC experimental feature called "Enable per-monitor DPI scaling..." engaged.

Thank you.

Derek Pert
Pages: [1]   Go Up