INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old school best of music collections in a digital words and also missing covers  (Read 334 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck

I asked this in the time of JRiver 19. Using 30 now. I thought to use a computer for Video files, but the older I get, the less I am into it.

I have an older laptop that I use for all my music. Have tons of ripped cd's.  The things is, before on a tape or even on a MP3 player, I made a new map, put the songs of different maps in it, numbered it, done.

I do not understand anything about playlists or how that method works. If I understand that well, what you put there is anywhere on your hard disc and when playing, it just gets it there. Right?
Now this is not convenient, as not all of my portable devices have all my files.  So I guess that not work. So I tried with a map again. No problem on portable device.  But on Gizmo, coming from different albums, let's say compilation, of Solo work of beatles, it will refuse to play the order I gave the music in the map, let's say map "solo after being fab". Tried to open map, select all files in JRiver, and put tag. Not working. Then used MP3 Tag, even file by file, put also order of the song, and not yet always success. Some get in right order, others do not. In the example, I finally got right order, except, the songs taken from Ringo's album, that is not only in order, but just vanished, when playing from Gizmo.

Fleetwood Mac, not made much albums. So I took the very "Tango in the night " sounding Buckingham- Mc Vie (recorded in fact by Fleetwood mac, minus Stevie Nicks), and inserted song of Nicks, I found that fits very well between this songs, making it like a Fleetwood Mac album. 
First tries, same, with Mp3 tag, by inserting on every song an order, THAT one plays flawless.  But why do not all?  Of course if I just open the files on the computer itself, no problem, but that is not the purpose.

How to do this all easy?

Last update of my music, I have a lot of covers missing, do not know why.  Something possible to update all again?

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I don't know what you mean by "map".  Playlist?  What is the original word before translation?

Take a look at the wiki and Handheld Sync.  MC can transfer your playlists and the media.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck

Folder
Pages: [1]   Go Up